FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I really need maternity underwear?

I am still in my regular underwear with no problems. Will I need maternity underwear and if so, when? Old Navy is having a sale and I am not one to pass up a sale, especially when it is getting cooler and I have very little in the way of warmer maternity items.

Kelly

2. Advertisement

Sue1976
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and find no difference between maternity undies and regular ones. With the regular one, for more comfort, I went one size up just last week, than what I normally wear. But everyone is different. It also depends on whether you like high tops or low rise. I prefer the low rise because the high ones make me hot and I feel constricted.
    ~EDD 11/25/05~

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering the same thing. I am still wearing my bikinis and still find them comfortable but my other pg friends were telling me how great maternity undies feel.

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    i didn't wear maternity underwear during my first pg. i just bought regular underwear that were bigger than my regular size. during my second pg one of my sis's kept going on and on about the maternity u/w she found at kohls, so i broke down and bought a pkg (they came in a 3 pack) and fell in love! i guess i didn't realize how much more restrictive regular u/w was until i put those on. of course i went back and bought some more.
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

dsr
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some maternity thongs & bikinis kind of early on at Motherhood because my regular low-rise & bikinis were starting to roll, which I found very, very uncomfortable. I love the thongs, but absolutely hate the bikinis. The legs aren't cut quite high enough for me & it's very uncomfortable to have the underwear right there in the crease of my legs. I've also bought some larger size regular thongs & those are pretty comfortable too. So, I say do what works for you.

catmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm now 30w3d pg with twins, so I'm about the size of a woman full-term with a single baby. I haven't tried maternity underwear, but my regular underwear has been fine. I did buy a few pairs in one size bigger, but I can still wear the others too. I only wear pretty low ones that go under my belly.
    Catmom
    TTC #1 since 3/02
    IUI x 6, IVF (1 fresh, 1 FET) - BFN, IVF 3/05 - BFP!
    Twin boys! A & J - born on 11/7/05 at 36 weeks

cro
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may as well grab em while they're on sale! I wore regular undies for a while, then went a size larger. Eventually I bought some maternity ones and they were very comfy! Just be sure you buy a style that matches your pants - you don't want to wear over-the-belly undies w/ low-rise maternity pants!
    babywearing, breastfeeding, homeschooling mama to:
    M ~ born in Russia August 31, 2002 ~ home August 5, 2004
    J ~ natural miracle ~ born March 20, 2005
    E ~ another natural miracle ~ born December 8, 2008

Dublin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never wore them during my first pregnancy and not in this one either. I got some Jockey underwear that are knit and they are very comfy!!!!

Maddy00
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE my maternity underwear. Many people choose to use reg undies and wear them "under" their belly, or buy bigger. For those that have never tried it I urge you to try some...I bet you won't go back! lol
    Maddy

burra
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am over 32 weeks now and still wearing regular underwear....just a size bigger. I have never tried maternity underwear in any of my pregnancies....guess I won't bother now either....the end is nigh
    Karen
    DS 7/93 DD 12/03 DS 11/05

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast