FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    darkprincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Would you know if you had lost your baby?

Hi everyone,

Last night i read a post on the PCOS board and it really bothered me and broke my heart. Someone had went in for checkup at 12 1/2wks and they found no heartbeat and said the baby had been gone for 4wks...They had saw the heartbeat in first weeks.

This is very scary to me, i guess its most of our fears to worry bout something like this when you want a baby sooo bad. I feel really bad for their loss. I mean what a shock if there was no signs...

Has anyone else read that post? http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/foru...d.php?t=330110

And is this something that happens more then we know? Can the baby just pass on w/o us knowing it?? You dont have to see blood or have cramping to know somethings wrong??
    My first u/s is in one week (almost a month since we saw the heartbeat) and this makes me even more nervous of what we'll see or not see...urr i wish there was a button that turned worrying off....that would be great..

Anyone have any thoughts or opinons? I hope im not the only one who worries this much..

2. Advertisement

TaraDF
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was always very worried about that. I still am.
    I have had a doppler for most of my pg & listen 2x a day. It makes me feel better especially with chasing my 2 year old & 4 wks between appts.
    I did the same thing w/ my 1st pg.
    You never stop worrying... something i anyone's post could trigger worrying about any little thing. once the little one arrives, the worrying just changes direction.
    hope you are feeling a little better with your next appt.
    Me (32) Dh (32) Married 10 1/2 yrs
    L ~ IVF#2 11/07/02 A ~ Surprise natural 11/17/05 C ~ Surprise natural 04/02/09
    ..and I am now DONE!

playitagainsam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 38w, have never lost a pregnancy and have given birth to a very healthy baby girl, and I STILL freak out about this, almost daily. As I did with dd. And after I had her, it was SIDS I worried about (almost every night, I would check her breathing). Now that she sleeps in her own room, it's kidnappers. I check on her in her bed almost every night. That's just being a mommy.

Jessica
    me 26, dh 35
    IF issue: severe male factor
    dd Ryan Julia, 3 1/2 years old
    donor IUI October 13, '04--BFP!!!
    EDD 7/7/05 IT'S A GIRL!!! Wyatt Olivia

SammysMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally worry about this. I have a doppler and listen to the h/b's every morning. I worry more because I have a friend that had a baby die invitro at about 20 weeks and she had no idea until she went for a routine OB office visit. It was horrible to see her heartbreak and now I'm paranoid and so is my DH. Let's hope all goes well for all of us.

PatsyID
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto what the other girls have said, it's my worst nightmare worrying about "that", I can't even type it.
    I too have a doppler and it gives me comfort.

Patsy

Sweedie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For me, pg was so unpleasant I'd have known for sure. Between extreme smell and food and water diversions to excessive vomiting. If those symptoms disappeared, I'd have suspected.

tanjalalie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

(Warning: missed miscarriages ment'd)

The first time that happened to me, in my first pregnancy, no longer a heartbeat at the 10 week u/s, it was a complete and utter shock, and devastating and crushing. I had NO idea, physically or emotionally nothing had changed to warn me.

The second pregnancy it happened again, at 8 weeks, and I was almost expecting it already so it wasn't such a surprise but still very hard.

This third pregnancy it happened again, we had our 5th scan at 11 weeks and both were stilll fine. At the 13 week scan to check nuchal folds, one had died.
    Again, an utter blow. I had thought, when we made it to 11 weeks with both hearts still beating, that we were in the clear. The Perinatologist even thought so too.
    Again, no "warning signs".

I have my age against me though and the fact that my eggs are old so I have much more chance of having chromosomally defective fetuses.

Still.
    I am grateful for the one remaining but am not sure if I will ever dare risk my heart again like that.
    Again, if you aren't "old" like me, or I should say "of advanced maternal age", once you have seen that heartbeat things will most likely remain just fine.

That first trimester is frightening though, brrrrr.

Tanja
    Me: 42, DH, Avi: 29. Three
    IVF #2 12/04: Twins. Twin B at 11 weeks, 2 days
    Twin A: Quinlan Nathaniel, 6lbs, 10 oz. , born 08-29-2005 Proud to be AHM!
    Natural miracle Kian Yehuda to be delivered by C-Section on 2-16-2007

DebbB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For my first pregnancy, I was pregnant with twins. I lost one at 7 weeks. I never bleed or felt any different.

This is an awful worry that I am still constantly worried about. Until I can feel this baby moving everyday and then until it is born and then until I die, I will worry about it.
    mommy to
    B- 5 - dx NLD
    C- 4
    B - 2

Kylie
    cool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    You can definately lose a baby at any stage and not know it or bleed. Thankfully that doesn't happen very often. Once you've seen a heartbeat your odds of miscarriage go way down.

darkprincess
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all your posts, wow...what a scary thought, i'm gonna try to put this totally outta my head b/c thinking about it really freaks me out. And in the end i guess all the worrying in the world wont fix something if its wrong...
    My heart goes out to everyone who has experienced this and i just cant believe sometimes you just wouldnt know if something was wrong...and we all worry about going to the bathroom and seeing blood..

liv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast