FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding

Would/do you get your hair done at a beauty college?

We have a beauty college in town, they do hair cuts for $10 and right now they have a special on getting it colored for $15.

Would you do it? Why? Why not?

IF I were to get my hair colored I wouldn't do anything drastic just get the gray covered.
    peako

If you don't stand up, you can't fall down.

and the Mother of a

2. Advertisement

molly777
    is amused by people who think they know everything, but don't really know anything at all.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I have only b/c she was the daughter of my long time boss and she needed more "credits?". Anywho, she was very slow (understandable) and it wasn't exactly what I wanted but fortunately it wasn't a dramatic cut. I was disappointed as I asked for the lightest highlight possible and there wasn't much change. However, my hair was all still connected, it wasn't that expensive and she got more practice. I wouldn't do it again b/c honestly saving that money now doesn't make up for the extra time it takes.
    One more thing they have instructor's walking around so they are not on their own. I would give it a shot b/c you may like it. I just wouldn't go with a super drastic change.

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    I would go for color.
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

keleric1017
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I went to beauty school, so I have had my hair done there before, so yes, I would go. For color, the students get help from the instructors when formulating, so you wouldn't get anything strange. Where I went, the instructors came to check our work after each step, so there was little room for error. I wouldn't go in for a precision cut, but a basic haircut or trim would be fine. I think it is a great deal because you get salon quality color for a fraction of the price.

And, yes, as another person posted, it will take more time than if you were at a salon. But, you usually get good service and the students are very thorough.
    Kelly 31 DH 34
    Marley Mae
    November 15, 2005
    TWINS!
    Aidan Paul 5lbs 5oz
    Addison Marie 5lbs 1oz
    October 21, 2008 at 34w5d

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Sure, why not? The thing about hair is, even if things go horribly wrong, it grows back!

Crystal

maj90
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few times. once I was in wedding party and they did our hair and they turned out beautiful!
    Mary Ann
    mom to Tabitha 1/13/04
    our Blessing thru DA
    Before you were born: I dreamed of you, I imagined you, I prayed for you. Now that you're here: I hope for you, I love you and I thank God everyday for you. -Linda LaTourelle

lisa in venice
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My next door neighbor ha been going for the past year for both cuts and color and she is happy with them. Coincidentally my ds' girlfriend just enrolled in the school where my neighbor goes and they ONLY let the most senior students work on clients and only under the supervision of the instructors. These are students who are close to graduation and licensing anyway. I haven't used them but I will in the future.
    Lisa
    Mom to Nathan (23) Anna Rachel (20) Sam (13) and Miranda (9)

Furbabies:
    Nola the Ridgeback/ Pit Bull mix and all cuddle bug

Roxy Hart the Chihuahua/Yorkie watch dog

Nemesis the long haired tabby who IS the boss of all of us

Nox Juju Black shelter kitty who adopted us all

AMF
    thinks Molly's status is a hoot!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    No, I wouldn't..not ever again..after a terrible expereince I had I thought..."well, you get what you pay for". I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal..but it was...anyway...no

Rosesarered
    has an open heart.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired
    In a word: NO.

From my experience...
    1) You will be in there for a VERY VERY LONG time. (if time is money, this is an expensive proposition!)
    2) You will feel like your hair is being cut by a child, who is "winging it...".
    3) You will be there A LONG TIME... LOL! :-)
    4) You will not be totally satisfied with your hair.
    5) To BE satisfied... you will be there A LONG TIME.
    6) You will be subjected to A LOT of smells, chemicals, and loudness. A bit unnerving.
    7) You will be sad that you spent a day at the Beauty School....and yet don't like your hair any better.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Don't Do IT! :-)

LandJ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I did it once but only b/c it was a friend of mine. She'd been cutting and coloring everyone's hair forever and finally decided to make it official by going to school. So she was reaaaalllly experienced before she ever went there. The great thing is she had to do a bunch of styles and updo's for credit. She was in school the fall before my Christmas wedding so I took my veil and spent the entire afternoon having my hair styled a bunch of different ways. She did my hair in one of those styles on my wedding day as my wedding present.

The trade school not far from here as a massage school. We can get massages there for $10! THAT I do all the time!
    8 years old

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast