FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogibean View Post
    My parents and my sister live in OR and my Dad takes Sudafed all the time. He buys in behind the pharmacy counter and shows his drivers liscense. Same as here in CA. Are you sure you have it right?
    He is not buying sudafed in Oregon the same as in Cali, I moved here from Cali. You can't get real sudafed or anything containing whatever that ingredient is without a prescription from a doctor.
    peako

If you don't stand up, you can't fall down.

and the Mother of a

2. Advertisement

peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I still don't know if I can buy it in Washington, I don't want to drive 30 miles for nothing. So far "knock on wood" I haven't had the congestion dh had with his cold, mostly a sore throat, last night I started coughing stuff up and today I don't have a voice.
    peako

and the Mother of a

Sarah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    Crazy! We're like the rest... it's behind the pharm counter and they swipe your driver's license, no biggie.
    Here too.
    Sarah

spring
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogibean View Post
    My parents and my sister live in OR and my Dad takes Sudafed all the time. He buys in behind the pharmacy counter and shows his drivers liscense. Same as here in CA. Are you sure you have it right?
    Chances are your dad is buying a formulation of the brand name drug Sudafed which does *not* contain pseudophedrine which is prescription-only in Oregon. I'm in a state where it's not prescription but it is required to be sold behind the pharmacy counter, and when the laws first started being enacted a lot of the brands of OTC cold/allergy/etc meds started putting out formulations that no longer contained pseudophedrine specifically so that they would have allergy/cold products that are on the regular shelves, not behind the pharmacy counter.

spring
    spring
    DTC Dec 2001

Fireflyx3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Washington and you can get it OTC, it's kept behind the counter and I believe all you have to do is show your driver's lisence to prove your age and you can only get 1 or 2 boxes at a time. Of course Vancouver could have their own city laws/regulations as well.

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    can you get something other than sudafed that is OTC?
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    You can't purchase anything that contains Phenylephrine which is a decongestant and the main active ingredient in Sudafed and many other decongestants. Phenylephrine is used to make meth that is why it is now behind the counter in most states, Oregon just took it a step further and you actually need a prescription to get it. You can get sudafed pe but it doesn't work as well.
    peako

and the Mother of a

pattycakemom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Our city (or the neighboring one I should say) is trying to pass this law. I think it is ridiculous.
    K and R

7 years IF

Life is not what we expect or want...Life is about what is. How we respond to what IS makes the difference.
    two miracles:

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    wow that is awful. i can't believe it's come to getting prescriptions for sudafed bc of meth addicts. horrible. around here (Pennsylvania), you can get it behind the counter like many other people are saying, but they have a sheet where you have to sign your name... and they keep track of how many times you buy it.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

Laura1
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phenylephrine and psudophedrine are 2 different drugs. Psudophedrine is used to make meth. Phenylephrine is used as a substitute for psudophedrine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast