FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ziggy 64
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

anyone know how long it takes to heal cracked tailbone and

a broken wrist? if you've had either, what did you do to help deal with pain? the tailbone hurts so but dr said nothing they can do for it. any advice???
    L- married to DH 18 yrs!!! mom to 2 beautiful miracles thru unselfish love (10!) and 4 yrs old!
    Thought For The Day: you can repair and rebuild anything in your life with the right tools and inspiration.
    "Why waste energy on worry when you can spend it on your dreams?"

2. Advertisement

jra
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, it can take a very long time for a tailbone to heal. Some people have pain from it for years. I'm not sure how long it took mine to heal, but I broke mine this summer and it was a good month before it felt at all better. Things that helped were laying on a heating pad before I went to sleep. When sitting, a hard chair was more comfortable for it than sitting on something soft like the couch. I had good pain killers too because I had also fractured/crushed my leg so those helped a lot too.

Good luck and hope it feels better soon!
    Jennifer

Sweetpea
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    The wrist I know nothing about, the tailbone however is taking me forever! I apparently broke it during my last pregnancy and we assumed the pain was because of the pressure from the baby on my pelvis. So i'm going on about 1 year now. I was finally starting to not have as much pain, then took a long trip out of state that just killed me in the tailbone area.

I declined the narcotics from the doc (suggested before I was pregnant with #3 of course), so I use Tylenol when I really need it. I've found that taking warm baths with the jets on high helps, and also the heating pad.
    A-13 years
    R-20 months
    L-6 months

MaryK-MN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broke my tailbone during delivery of DS - felt it break. It was about 6 months before it didn't hurt ALL the time and several years before it didn't hurt regularly. It is still sensitive to certain chairs and aches when the weather changes (11 years later).
    Mary
    J (12/22/92)
    S (3/8/00)

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

TwoQTs
    is thrilled warm weather is on the way & here to stay!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Tailbone hurt for a good year after. It was about 2-3 years before it quit hurting altogether & about 10 before it stopped hurting during weather changes. I had a donut cushion to sit on & I was only 15 when I broke it.
    Kristin single mom to
    Emily & Alison Nov. 29/00
    June/03
    Daniel James, July 29th, 2004 stillborn at 32.5 weeks (cord accident)

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

sam
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vouch for the tailbone (coccyx) taking at least 12 months to heal..I cracked mine when I fell of a swing when Olly was a baby...Very painful..take care

Joyous
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I broke mine(tailbone) as a kid....I still feel it! I felt it when I was pg and before I went to the chiro(plus stretches) this fall I felt it.

Lori
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I never broke my tailbone but, fell on it hard so many times when I took tap lessons as a kid. OH MY! I remember not being able to sit and stand on/off a toilet the pain was so bad.

Man - I don't wish that on anyone!

Lori
    Lori

"C&N" 9 year old twins

KittyAB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cracked my tail bone falling on ice years ago. It months for it to heal.

McKenna
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure but I was glad to see this question. I just broke mine last week. I will be 37 weeks along tomorrow and have had major pelvic bone issues with this pregnancy and all the rest. This time, the bones are just totally messed up. I scooted in the tub last week and heard and felt my tailbone break. For 2 days, I could not walk and DH had to take me to the bathroom, fix my meals, etc. Adding pelvic problems and a 7 lb. baby on top of a broken tailbone is NOT fun, especially when there are already disk problems and arthritis. I cannot sit on anything hard and a heating pad seems to help more than ice. Sitting at all is very painful, and I get dizzy. I'm using a Boppy nursing pillow to sit at my computer, but even that doesn't eliminate the pain. When I stand up for too long, I get nauseated and break out into a sweat because of the added pressure of the baby on the broken tailbone. My docs say it will likely heal a bit and break again during delivery. I wanted to have a natural birth this time, but now I'm not so sure.

Good luck to you! Lying on your side and letting your tailbone heal may be the best treatment.
    McKenna

Me (34) DH (35) Together 19 years!

#1 M(8.5) SPD, ADHD, AD-NOS
    #2 O(6.5) SPD
    #3 G (7/11/09 - 11/20/09) Down syndrome, congenital heart defects, subm. CP, syndactyly - died in my arms after open-heart surgery
    #4 L (7 mos) ASD heart defect - closed by 6 mos

6.5 years of IF

There is always a choice - choose life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast