FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slowmotion
    what are we suppose to write here?
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

3D movies for a 2 year old?

My son just turned 2 years old last week. He has fractured his leg and is in a full leg cast and cannot walk. He is just so bored at home, not being able to do his usual running around. There is a new Movie coming out this week to the theaters: MegaMind 3D (rated PG). It sounds like a really cool movie. He probably wont understand the whole story, but I think he will enjoy watching it. But, my questions are: Is it safe for a 2 year old to wear the 3D glasses? Will I be able to make him keep the glasses on through out the entire movie? He does have a good attention span and is able to watch cartoons and long Movies like Pinocchio at home.
    IUI #1 to #3-BFN
    IVF#1-BFN
    FET#1-BFP, heterotopic pregnancy DS born 10/29/08.
    FET#2- BFP--DS born 5/3/2010

2. Advertisement

Kirbyluv
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sad
    I wouldn't recommend it. It's doubtful he'll keep the glasses on (they always bother my girls) plus it could be scary for him. Both of my girls HATE movies in 3D! Not worth the extra cost of the ticket for someone so young. I'd try a regular movie with him first.
    Kirbyluv
    3 IVFs, 3 FETs, 3 DIUIs, 6 pg losses

pigninnie
    "Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you."~ Austin O'Malley
    Full Figured & Infertile
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i started taking my dd to the movies when she was about 1.5 we would always take her car seat in with us and strap her in so she would be focused on the movie and not want to get up and move around. she is now almost 8 and loves all her movies in 3-d,the first one we saw in 3d was the bee movie in 2007 so she was a little older. i know our movie theater has kid sized glasses.

Have you taken him to a movie before?

jan21
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think a real movie in a movie theater, especially a 3D one, would be too scary and/or too long for him. I think it would probably be a waste of money.

The only movie we took our kids to under the age of 3 was a Winnie the Pooh one, so it was very familiar characters AND only about an hour long.

IMO kids under the age of 4 or so can't understand full length movies, I just don't think it's worth it for how much it costs to go to a theater.
    Janice
    L&E 11/00

TwoQTs
    is thrilled warm weather is on the way & here to stay!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by jan21 View Post
    I would think a real movie in a movie theater, especially a 3D one, would be too scary and/or too long for him. I think it would probably be a waste of money.

The only movie we took our kids to under the age of 3 was a Winnie the Pooh one, so it was very familiar characters AND only about an hour long.

IMO kids under the age of 4 or so can't understand full length movies, I just don't think it's worth it for how much it costs to go to a theater.
    Agreed. I took the girls at age 2 & within 30-min they were very restless & wanted to leave. It was for a normal animated movie. Even at age 7 they weren't thrilled with the 3-D glasses. 3-D glasses come in one size. My girls are quite tiny & the glasses still almost fall off at times. And, you pay more to see a 3-D movie even though the glasses are usually recycled.
    Kristin single mom to
    Emily & Alison Nov. 29/00
    June/03
    Daniel James, July 29th, 2004 stillborn at 32.5 weeks (cord accident)

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Laura1
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the theatres around here that offer it in 3D also have it in 2D. So I would just forget about doing it with the glasses and see it in 2D. He would still be seeing the movie and no need to wear that glasses.

DramaMama
    is praying!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    My 4 year old still won't wear the 3D glasses. I am not even 100% sure if it's because he doesn't like wearing them or if he is scared by the 3D. I did take him to see a movie when he was 2 (Wall-E) and he sat through all but the last 10 minutes. In fact, I think if we had walked into the theatre right as it began instead of a bit earlier for previews, he would have made it through the whole thing.
    Hilary (37) DH (40)
    IUI #4 BFP 9/05 Jared Ian born 5/6/06
    IVF#1 BFP 3/09 Gabriel Ethan born 11/8/09

Please DH gets a new kidney ASAP!

pigninnie
    "Revenge is often like biting a dog because the dog bit you."~ Austin O'Malley
    Full Figured & Infertile
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3-D glasses come in one size.
    with in the last 8 months our movie theater has gotten a child size all you have to do is ask for a smaller size!

slowmotion
    what are we suppose to write here?
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thank you everyone. I will see if this movie: MegaMinds that comes out tomorrow will have a none-3D version. I dont think there are any other kiddy movies playing in movie theaters right now. And, yes this would be his 1st time going to a movie theater. But, at home he watches 1.5 hours of Pinocchio non-stop, without getting his eyes off the T.V.
    IUI #1 to #3-BFN
    IVF#1-BFN
    FET#1-BFP, heterotopic pregnancy DS born 10/29/08.
    FET#2- BFP--DS born 5/3/2010

shogun
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good, try to see if there is a 2D version. Sho was 2 when he watched his first movie in the theater, it was for Finding Nemo. He was fine until the last few minutes when he got a little restless. Then I had a snack to distract him and he finished the whole movie.

I'm pretty sure a 2 year old can not keep the 3d glasses on.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast