FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blondie8
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A former co-worker did. She was as miserable as you sound in the beginning, she also had a raging infection that sent her to the Hospital for a few days. She was dramatically happier once she had the permanent ones and was more used to them. When I saw her in the summer she looked great, didn't even mention them so I believe all is OK with her. She'd also managed to keep off the weight she lost after getting her original teeth pulled. (Which were a crumbly mess and beyond repair.) So sorry you're going through this. Dental troubles are dreadful.
    “Children don’t belong to us. They are litle strangers who arrive in our lives and give us the pleasure and duty of caring for them–but we don’t own them. We help them become who they are.” Gloria Steinem

2. Advertisement

MarieL
    is a happy camper.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    My sister had it done last year and it was VERY difficult at first. You have to give your gums time to heal. It does get better. It's been about a year now and she is pretty comfortable with them. Plus, her overall health is better...she had a bunch of abcesses and that was causing respiratory infections...she hasn't had one all year!
    Marie L, Mama to Marielle, 9 and Rico, 8
    Mom to cancer SURVIVOR!

3 ladybugs
    has no status.
    IVF, Child loss, Cancer & IF
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh
    My father had it done and he never complained about anything, but then again I don't live anywhere near him so I am not sure he would tell me if he had problems. I saw him last summer and he seemed fine so I guess it does get better.

Jennifer (36) - Final try FET Nov. 12, 2012. You can follow my story at: www.OurUnplannedLife.com (Caution child, child loss, and cancer mentioned in blog)

KAMILI
    is taking a mommy break :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    My mom had it done and the recovery took some time painful! Hope you feel better soon.
    ~ 7 1/2 years old
    & ~ 11 months old

TheGoodLife
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    I'm sure it will get better. The mouth is slow to heal and it's difficult to get used to even one small change (having one tooth extracted). Hang in there and give it more time.

Cat Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    My Mom had to have most of her teeth pulled about 5 years ago. I know at first she was miserable and wondered why she had it done. It took several weeks to heal and get use to her new teeth.

She does say that her dentures aren't like real teeth but at least she isn't in pain anymore.
    Tiffany (36) DH (44)
    IVF#2, Baden Troy born 11/11/06
    Natural Surprise, Alexandra Elyse 2/14/08

www.custommetalart.etsy.com

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    OK so I have to tell my dentist today if I want one problem tooth pulled for a later implant, or have surgery to the root and a new post and crown. I was leaning towards the former but this thread has changed my mind!!
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' six! DH 35, Max 23, Cole 19
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

SuzCa
    Status? We don't need no stinkin Status!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Dead
    NL, not the same thing. I am missing two teeth near the front (agh) so I have permenant bridges covering them. Some dday I may get implants. Those take forever and they are very expensive. I'd say post and crown will serve you well and you can address getting an implant later in life.

I am so sorry that you are having problems with no teeth. I do believe the others are right, your gums wil toughen up and life will get better. I also think that you did yourself a lot of good by removoing teeth that could most certainly have shortened your life. I hope it gets better. Please don't hold regrets. Just like a cancer patient, know that you will survive this ordeal. Hugs.
    DD Fia, Eleven and very much into Minecraft

Breast Cancer Survivor - In Support of all of our survivors.

JAG&JIV
    is praying for Emily
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My DH had it done a few years ago to get implants. It was terribly painful and he couldn't eat certain things for a long time. That all went away and he was just fine.

The implants, on the other hand, were done improperly and he now has to get them all completely redone the implants were much more painful than the extractions.

I am sorry you are in so much pain. Hang in there. It will get better.
    Me 35 DH 45

7 4 2

J&Dsmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not just about the pain, but the way I look AND feel-I am VERY numb in the lower part still-they said it "will probably" get better, but then, there are the
    "rare cases" where they do cut a nerve, and it never gets better. Having survived 2 rare diseases, having my dh die from a rare disease, the odds are NOT in my favor-it feels(and looks) like the lower part of my face had a stroke, it's all droopy and numb. I am going back in AGAIN 2morrow, to see if they can help me.
    I just wish my dh was here, to tell me that I'm beautiful no matter what-he was always so good at that

J&Dsmom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast