FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kary
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sad
    my cousin unfriended me. actually 2 of them-brother and sister. they are friends with my sister and other cousins but i think they may think that i will rat them out to my aunt. their sister and i are friends. ya, it hurt but i have gotten over it

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best
    of everything;
    they just make the best of everything they have!

www.AllWrappedUpandMore.com

http://tinyurl.com/2btdbfc

2. Advertisement

JoanneNY
    Long time FTer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How does one even know they've been "unfriended"? Do you get some kind of notification?
    Joanne
    Dylan ~ 9 years old and his ^i^ twin
    ^i^ 3/03

"All great ideas were crazy before they were brilliant."

TheGoodLife
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    I've never been unfriended, but I tend to keep my FB circle very small. I am friends with less than 40 people, and they are all folks I am friends with IRL.

I have been tempted to unfriend people who say offensive/stupid stuff in their status updates, but I don't.

I do hide all the games. I couldn't care less who needs a chicken or what score someone achieved on bejeweled blitz.

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    I've been unfriended a couple times...usually because people suspend their accounts. What does bug me is when I send a friend request to someone and they ignore it. That hurts....
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

delaware1
    doesn't get the whole status thing
    Post Thanks / Like
    I unfriended a someone I had gone to school with, but haven't seen in 30 years. Don't know if he noticed or not, I got a PM from him last week about a local get together. I use the hide feature if someone is posting stuff that I find tiresome.
    Not sure if I have been unfriended, I don't watch the count that closely. Since most of my FB friends are either online friends, or people I don't see very often, I'm hoping I won't be too bothered if I do get unfriended. PS Love your Etsy stuff also!
    "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." ~ Leo Tolstoy

TwoQTs
    is thrilled warm weather is on the way & here to stay!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-JoanneNY View Post
    How does one even know they've been "unfriended"? Do you get some kind of notification?
    No, no notification. Some ppl who have 300+ friends likely wouldn't notice. But for me, when I hit 39 friends, I noticed b/c I was thrilled to hit 40. Two days later, I was at 39 again. That's how I notice.. b/c I don't have tons to start with & always know how many I have. Right now I'm at 145 (1/2 are FTers; the other half are made up of school friends from my hometown, former & current coworkers & family). So, if I drop to 144 again, I will notice.
    Kristin single mom to
    Emily & Alison Nov. 29/00
    June/03
    Daniel James, July 29th, 2004 stillborn at 32.5 weeks (cord accident)

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Caligal
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya my nephew twice. I guess he might think I will rat him out on something?? Like I have time and i like i care. Mind you my neice his sister is friends with me on FB.
    Me 42 DH 51

Ryan 5/22/08 thru IVF
    Cole 3/23/10 Natural surprise pregnancy

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I don't have all that many "friends" (around a hundred), but I don't watch the number so I wouldn't know if I've been unfriended. I probably have because I'm so boring. I've dropped a couple of people with whom I had a very distant relationship and they weren't on all that often anyway, so I hope they didn't notice.

I have a young niece who was posting the most inane things ALL the time so I just "hid" her so she wouldn't feel bad that I unfriended her.
    Last edited by katrack; 08-01-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

JoanneNY
    Long time FTer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a couple of pending people too that requested I friend them. Problem is, I have no idea who they are! Seriously, even looking at their page and their pics, nothing registers (and we don't have any of the same friends). So, I'm thinking naaahhhhhh.
    Joanne
    Dylan ~ 9 years old and his ^i^ twin
    ^i^ 3/03

"All great ideas were crazy before they were brilliant."

CdnMom
    has no status.
    it's yours to discover it's your.........
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have been unfriened by someone here at FT and yes it bothers me but I don't loose sleep over it. Not sure what I did, but I am sure I didn't do anything to warrant it Otherwise not unfriended by others
    Michelle -- Momma to my A-Team
    Ashleigh 9 years old In a blink of an eye, my girl is growing up way too fast! Grade 4 here she comes ♥
    Aidan 5 years old old with a passion for movies & Severe Reflux starting Senior Kindergarten in Sept 2010♥
    6 m/c's and finally
    Our family is complete

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast