FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

ravenly
    ENLIGHTENED

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Lurking

Sudden lethargy in 4 year old?

My 4 yr old ds started becoming very lethargic upon waking up Saturday morning. He laid around for most of the day until we went to Imagination Station (A science based type fun place for kids), then he had loads of energy to run around. Came home, and back to being lazy.

Sunday morning same thing, very lazy just wanted to watch tv and didn't really want to play much. He took a 3 hour nap which is unheard of for him. Then later on we had his best friends K&C come over and suddenly lots of energy to run around the house.

Today, Monday, he slept until 9 am!!!!!! Normally he wakes at around 7:30. Usually his baby dd wakes him up but this morning he just opened his, then rolled over and went back to sleep til 9 am. Was lazy ALL day. Went outside for a bit (30 minutes) and was lazy/unplayful. Right now just wants to lay on couch and watch movie.

No runny nose, no cough, no fever, throat looks fine, says he feels fine, nothing hurts, no increase/decrease in thirst/appetite.

I am stumped.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

2. Advertisement

Caro2
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cool
    No clue but maybe a sudden growth. I would just keep an eye and if it last another 2 or 3 days I would take him to the dr.

Caro
    DD 9 yrs old via FET#3 from IVF/ICSI#4; m/c at 10wks 08/07. Done TTC!

ClaireNola
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've never had this happen. I would probably call my ped and ask for bloodwork. I'm sure it's nothing, but would feel better getting checked out.

YvetteS
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im no expert but I think he may be coming down with something. There's so much stuff going around that if he's still not himself by tomorrow, I would get him ckd out.
    Hugs,

Yvette
    mom to J 1/24/00
    E & J 1/15/03

ravenly
    ENLIGHTENED

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Caro2 View Post
    No clue but maybe a sudden growth. I would just keep an eye and if it last another 2 or 3 days I would take him to the dr.

Caro
    I am really hoping this is what it is. I just read that normally spurts happen in the spring, but maybe he is just late (He is very small for his age).

He got yet another burst of energy later on tonite, after dinner. Seems perfectly fine now. This is truly the most confusing thing I've encountered.

I don't think he is coming down with something because other than Imagination Station, we've gone NOWHERE. No daycare nothing. Plus I would think after 3 days it would show up by now??? (Not 100% sure on that one)
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

bearz
    in a state of constant confusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason had that last week or the week before. I forget...we've had so much...but for 3 days he slept 14 hours straight each day and then just laid around. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of virus. Noon of the 3rd day he suddenly perked up and was fine.
    The Farmer's Wife
    As I chose him, I chose this land, this life
    And always knew that as his wife
    Midst labors never done. By love we three were wed. We and the land are one.

mdvmd
    has no status.
    East of the Mississippi, South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big J does that when he's growing.
    dss 16, dsd 15
    DS 10/05
    DS 11/09
    DD 7/12
    GRAND FINALE due 4/21/13!!
    b/d 1-21-05
    "A person's a person, no matter how small" Dr. Seuss
    12/03 & 10/08

Kristen E
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    He and Ellie have the same thing - she missed school today becuase she's beat. Maybe they are both fighting something off!

Hey - How was imagination Station? Did you go the old COSI? Better? worse?
    Kristen E
    Kari 6/17/01
    Ellie 9/8/02

AmymOH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It sounds to me like he may have some sort of funky bug. There is so much going around right now. I'd watch him for another day or two and keep checking to make sure he isn't running a temp at all. If he's still not acting him in a couple days, I'd probably make an appt. for him to be seen. Hopefully the energy he's displaying tonight is a good sign that whatever was going on with him is done! -Fingers crossed that he wakes up more like himself tomorrow.
    "If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

Amy, mom to:
    DD N-7/24/89
    DS C-3/30/91
    DS M-9/01/93
    DD C-9/29/95

I'm at 50/50...2 of the 4 is of legal age and I still have my sanity...well somedays anyway!

ravenly
    ENLIGHTENED

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen E View Post
    He and Ellie have the same thing - she missed school today becuase she's beat. Maybe they are both fighting something off!

Hey - How was imagination Station? Did you go the old COSI? Better? worse?
    Kristen, it was great!! I never went to see the old COSI, but Dustin has and said Imagination Station was much larger. They had an entire area for kids under 5, complete with a mini play hospital and play grocery store with all the works. Really, really neat. We are going to buy a membership ($70/yr) since it is a great thing to do in the winter time. Of course, this weekend is zoo lights and Santa pics

Mahatma Gandhi