FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    momla
    now has a status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Do little boys like Junie B. Jones too? Or can you tell me any boy type Junie books?

I'm trying to get Jake into chapter books. I have found this series called Roscoe Riley and he is a 1st grader and he likes those but there are only 7 of them and then we will be done. He doesn't like Magic Treehouse. I think they are just too heavy for his taste. He likes silly and more of an ability to identify. He doesn't like Captain Underpants...too silly and not believable. Characters are fine. It is hard to explain. I just thought he would like some of Junie B. Jones books (the 1st grader ones) but I don't want him to come across as a wuss if he refers to Junie B to some other boy and they are like "Dude, that's a GIRL'S book!" LOL!

Anybody have any other suggestions that are like Junie B type boy's books?

I picked up a Geronimo Stilton book at Border's last night. Don't know anything about it but from thumbing through it, it kind of looked like something Jake might like.
    Momla Mommy to (10), (7)
    Baby Girl due April 27th!!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." ~Les Brown

2. Advertisement

StaceyTX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kyler's teacher is reading them Freckle Juice right now (Judy Blume) and he seems to like it.

I'm not sure about the Junie B Jones books, I'll ask him. I can't get him interested in reading anything at home.
    Born in Heaven 12/5/01
    9 years old
    7years old
    4 years old

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown

Kat+2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me say first that they are VERY silly, but my son loves the Captain Underpants books.
    My IVF miracles, Casey & Bailey, were born 10/23/01 at 36w4d.

JanetOH
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My twin boys liked Junie B Jones alot. They do have a lot of bad grammar, so be warned.

Geronimo Stilton is cute...my boys like those too.

Henry & Mudge are cute too.

Janet
    Janet
    Aaron & Andrew 11/16/00

Sarah66
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My ds loved JBJ. He is a really "boy" boy, but he loved the silly humor. Trying to think about what else he has loved that is that beginning chapter level.....
    Sarah66
    mommy to 2 wonderful kids! I can't believe how fast this goes Who hit the warp drive button?
    Ds age 12, Dd age 9

Mom to a special needs child--my amazing, funny, tenacious dd!

Nank
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Someone recommended The Boxcar Children series to me, although we have not read any of them yet. Just another one to look into.
    Nank

Daniel 9 years old

hopie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My son, who is a 1st grader, loves Junie B. His kindergarten teacher read them during group time. I enjoy reading them to him. They are so silly and I get so tickled when I read them.
    Hope
    Mommy to a 03/19/03

Back on the Weight loss wagon - 15 lbs

shogun
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sho doesn't like The Magic Treehouse series either. I was at Tower records today and came across this book. It is a series and looked like something Sho would be interested in. It's about a boy who is a super spy and they have missions. I haven't given it to him yet but it looks promising. Something you might want to look into.

Amazon.com: Zac Power #1: Poison Island (9780312346591): H.I. Larry, Ash Oswald: Books

peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    It is hard for me because my ds always read above grade level and he's 15 now so it was awhile ago. He really like the Secret of Droon books and there are tons of them, a friend who was a literary major cringed at the writting but they are for kids and getting them to read is important. I can't think of the author but I'm sure you can find it by the book name any of the Wayside School books might be fun they are pretty silly. My ds didn't really get into the Box Car Children but I know lots of kids do, some others he liked are Time Warp Trio, seriously though the school libraian (if your school still has one) or a teacher would know what's new and up his alley/reading ablity. I always got great recommendations for ds from one of the 5th grade teachers.
    peako

If you don't stand up, you can't fall down.

and the Mother of a

Jacksonsma
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hank Zipzer series is a pretty good one. It's written by Henry Winkler (the fonz). I think it starts with Hank in the 1st grade.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast