FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored

Feel like something is stuck in my throat

Everytime I eat I have the feeling my food isn't going down all the way. I feel like my food is stuck in the lower part of my neck by my chest inbetween my collar bones....does that make sense? So this morning I have not had anythign to eat and I still feel like something is stuck in the bottom of my throat. I hate this feeling! I'm constantly swollowing, drinking water to see if something goes down. I dont' have heartburn or anything.

Anyone else feel like this?
    me 33 mommy to Zoey 4 years old
    TTC #1 02/01
    It's a girl Zoey Lee-Ann born 12/13/05 1:29am 6lbs8ozs

2. Advertisement

TwoQTs
    is thrilled warm weather is on the way & here to stay!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Yeah, I had that when my thyroid was out of whack. A few weeks on Synthroid & it felt better. It was an awful feeling... apparently it can swell & push on the esophagus. It just got worse & worse till I coughed a lot as well.
    Kristin single mom to
    Emily & Alison Nov. 29/00
    June/03
    Daniel James, July 29th, 2004 stillborn at 32.5 weeks (cord accident)

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

bearz
    in a state of constant confusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes. I find that working on straightening my posture helps relieve that feeling. I have actually had it where I can't swollow because things really are stopped up. Thats when I move my arms up and back and try grabbing my arms behind my back to straighten the esophogus.
    The Farmer's Wife
    As I chose him, I chose this land, this life
    And always knew that as his wife
    Midst labors never done. By love we three were wed. We and the land are one.

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    It feels like something is pushing on my esophogus. I've been having this feeling for a few months I really don't like the feeling at all.
    TTC #1 02/01

Patience
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Ohhhh girl i had something like this not long ago..everytimei swallow i could feel something in there...so i went to my ENT and he pulled my tongue out and looked at my throat with this long camera thing and I had a swollen taste bud and the very base of my tongue going down my throat...

it took two weeks to go away...

hope it something as simple as this
    Amy Married to dh for 13 years
    I have Lupus
    mom to 3 adopted kids bethany(8) Brittany(6)

Cameron(5) Several allergies, peanuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk, peanuts, walnuts, shrimp, corn, dogs, cats, pigweed, oak, xxxy syndrome and job syndrome(hyper-IGE)severe asthma and severe eczema, spastic hemiplegia cerebral palsy

Patience
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    ooooh the thyroid sounds like the culprit have it checked out they can feel it when you swallow if its swollen or not
    Amy Married to dh for 13 years
    I have Lupus
    mom to 3 adopted kids bethany(8) Brittany(6)

Cameron(5) Several allergies, peanuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk, peanuts, walnuts, shrimp, corn, dogs, cats, pigweed, oak, xxxy syndrome and job syndrome(hyper-IGE)severe asthma and severe eczema, spastic hemiplegia cerebral palsy

Bexx
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, I have to keep telling myself this!
    BC-SAHM & Parenting One Child
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    It sounds like you might have Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). This is exactly how I felt when I was first diagnosed. All I wanted to do was drink so that I could try to push down whatever was in my throat/chest. My voice got raspy and at times it felt like someone had shoved socks down into my esophagus. I didn't have a bad taste in my mouth or anything like that but I burped all the time and just had this heaviness in my chest. I was given medication until I could get in to have a scope done and I did have moderate esophageal erosion. It was weird because it was like it just showed up one day, it wasn't something that came on gradually. I would definitely contact your doctor and see what they think. If left untreated, GERD can actually cause very serious problems. Also, a few things that make it flare up are onions, caffeine, citrus and fatty foods.
    ~Becky (34) DH & Best Friend~Chris (35)
    High School Sweethearts Married 11 Years
    ~ Natural Miracle After 6 Failed IUI's

jillgalindo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexx View Post
    All I wanted to do was drink so that I could try to push down whatever was in my throat/chest. My voice got raspy and at times it felt like someone had shoved socks down into my esophagus. I didn't have a bad taste in my mouth or anything like that but I burped all the time and just had this heaviness in my chest. Also, a few things that make it flare up are onions, caffeine, citrus and fatty foods.
    Yes except my voice feels deeper not raspy. It's so annoying I feel like I can't take deep breaths because of the feeling. But that's probably in my head. I'm not burping but wish I could maybe it would go away.
    TTC #1 02/01

QTip
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Sounds like what my sister had when she had a goiter on her thyroid.

Get your thyroid checked.

Q-tip
    my 3 boys:
    Cabezon III (11yrs)
    Lauchita (10 yrs)
    Monkey (8 yrs)

Bexx
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, I have to keep telling myself this!
    BC-SAHM & Parenting One Child
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by jillgalindo View Post
    Yes except my voice feels deeper not raspy. It's so annoying I feel like I can't take deep breaths because of the feeling. But that's probably in my head. I'm not burping but wish I could maybe it would go away.
    My voice got deeper and raspy. My DH said it made me sound sexy but I did not feel sexy! The others may be right and it may be thyroid but as soon as I read your description I was hearing myself explaining my symptoms to my doctor. My doc even did an EKG in the office because of the heaviness and weird feeling in my chest but she called a gastro doc while I was there and he said it was GERD. Sure enough, the scope diagnosed the GERD. And I did not have any type of heartburn either. Does it feel worse when you lie flat in bed? It always helped me to sleep in the recliner. It didn't go away but it was more tolerable. Drink a glass of milk and see if that relieves it for a minute. It won't bring long term relief but if it soothes it for a moment then you might have your answer. I also used Gaviscon where you chew 4 tablets and then follow it with a glass of water and that gave some relief so that I could get some sleep.
    ~Becky (34) DH & Best Friend~Chris (35)
    High School Sweethearts Married 11 Years
    ~ Natural Miracle After 6 Failed IUI's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast