FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    agnes2712
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Help!!! Need suggestions, 3 1/2 year old wont quit pooping in her pants!!!

I am beyond frustrated with my daughter. She has been so hard to potty train and I finally got her trained to pee in the potty, but she keeps pooping in her pants. She was doing great about 3 weeks ago and went a whole 2 weeks with no accidents. Now she is doing it again. Her pre-school is going to make me put her back in pull ups because every single day she poops in her panties!!!!!

I have tried everything, rewards, bribes and punishments. And she knows what she is doing. She will go and hide and if I happen to catch her then she will go in the potty with no problem, but only if I catch her.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Tammy
    (DS) Trevor 20 years old-College...Hooray!
    (DD) Avery Grace 4/12/06
    (DD) Carlee Bren 9/09/07 born at 29 weeks
    (DS) Conner Darris 9/09/07-9/29/07........20 days old
    my sweet boy....you are always in my heart

2. Advertisement

flagirl
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh man - so sorry! I wish I had advice for you! I will say it seems like this is somewhat common (or at least I have heard alot of other people having issues with the pooping thing)

If it makes you feel any better - my 3.5 year old has a problem with the peeing. She won't pee all the way in her pants but at least once a day (ususually more) she will get her underwear all wet then finish peeing in the toilet! Ugh. I am also very frustrated. Sick of changing underwear. She just can't be bothered going to the bathroom till it is too late. Ugh!
    Tina

Two precious girls -
    Anna (4/25/03) and Natalie (12/10/05).

mdvmd
    has no status.
    East of the Mississippi, South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    does she love her underwear? i figured out that my kiddo would let me wash out poopy underwear all day long, but the first time i threw out a pair, he went NUTSO!
    dss 16, dsd 15
    DS 10/05
    DS 11/09
    DD 7/12
    GRAND FINALE due 4/21/13!!
    b/d 1-21-05
    "A person's a person, no matter how small" Dr. Seuss
    12/03 & 10/08

agnes2712
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mdvmd View Post
    does she love her underwear? i figured out that my kiddo would let me wash out poopy underwear all day long, but the first time i threw out a pair, he went NUTSO!
    Nope, she could care less. I could buy stock in panties for the number that have been thrown in the trash. She seriously would wear a pull-up all day long and never be bothered with going to the restroom
    Tammy
    (DS) Trevor 20 years old-College...Hooray!
    (DD) Avery Grace 4/12/06
    (DD) Carlee Bren 9/09/07 born at 29 weeks
    (DS) Conner Darris 9/09/07-9/29/07........20 days old
    my sweet boy....you are always in my heart

coffee cat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) )))))))))) we have had so many poop issues at our house that I can really understand your frustration. I wish I had advice, but unfortunately my almost 8 year old still hates going poop and would hold it forever if we didn't keep on top of him about it. I just keep telling myself that when he moves out of the house it will no longer be a problem for me
    3 IVFs, 1 FET, and an in 2004
    mama of two miraculous and amazingly loud little boys

Isabellasmomma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Normal. Hang in there sweetie ... its so frustrating, I know. Isabella did this and the dr. told me its really just a control issue. I know it sounds weird but they feel like its a part of them they are letting go and the toilet is probably scary too. Do you make a big deal about it or get upset? I know the first couple of times my natural reaction was "why did you do that, you've been going onthe potty?" (This starting happening about 2-3 weeks after she was fully potty tranined) I realized if I was just calm and said, "oh did you have an accident and next time lets try to be sure to sit on the potty" within a matter of days its stopped.
    Also the best potty trainining tip I got was put a pull up over the underwear (works best for pee accidents) so when they go they have the uncomfortable feeling of the mess but you don't have the big ol mess to clean.

Hang in there, I promise it gets better!

Isabellasmomma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to add too that one time she went in her underwear after nap and then brought me out a book. I was oh do you want me to read to you? I opened the book and guess what was in there??? Yep... you quessed! I screamed "WE DON'T POOP IN BOOKS BELLA" She said in her 2.5 year old voice "amere momma, I show you" I walked to her bedroom and almost fainted not only did she poop in a book, she painted her room with it too. Being the OCD clean freak I am I was beside myself. Bleaching, washing down walls ugh ...it was gross. It only happend once thank the Lord (he knew I'd probably have a stroke). We laugh now but nothing funny at the time. Kids are curious and test and its confusing...

Hang in there lovie... it gets better.

xxoo

Cat Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Ok, this helped us with DS, it may sound kind of weird but he thought it was funny. We told him he had to feed the toliet by pooping and peeing in it. When he would poop in his underwear, the toliet was going hungry and doesnt' that make him feel bad the toliet is hungry and he didn't feed it? We would ask him around his normal pooping time if he would like to poop and feed the toliet, he would laugh and run to it.

One time he was peeing and he laughed and said "I gave the toliet a snack."

We bribe with M&M's as well. He still has an occasional accident, but they are few and far between.
    Tiffany (36) DH (44)
    IVF#2, Baden Troy born 11/11/06
    Natural Surprise, Alexandra Elyse 2/14/08

www.custommetalart.etsy.com

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if this is the right thing, but we have the same problem. We put a stack of diapers down where she can reach them. I tell her "you get to wear biggie girl pants, but if you don't want to pee-pee on the potty, come get a diaper". Amazingly, she does. Once she puts the diaper on, I tell her, if you pee-pee in the potty, you get a reward. She only does it about half the time, but at least no accidents.
    Me and DH.
    - DD is over 2 now!
    - One Bundle of Joy a few months old!

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I meant poo-poo, not pee-pee in the above post
    Me and DH.
    - DD is over 2 now!
    - One Bundle of Joy a few months old!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast