FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Neytiri
    is excited!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Shocked

carpeting for a 500 square foot room

Our dog chewed a hole in the carpet in our family room. I am thinking it maybe cheaper to just replace the carpet in the whole room instead of a patch job. It is a high traffic area in our home and needed to be steam cleaned anywayz. How much does it usually run to get a 450-500 SQ ft room re-carpeted?

BTW i am in texas.

2. Advertisement

peako
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I'm not sure how much carpet would cost, there is a huge $ difference depending on quality etc.

Since it's a high traffic area why not consider, hardwood, laminate, tile or cork flooring?
    peako

If you don't stand up, you can't fall down.

and the Mother of a

sheryl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Not sure about cost of carpet anymore, but I agree with Peako. I LOVE laminate for high traffic areas. Makes life so much easier! And it probably costs the same.
    Sheryl - 49 yrs old
    Proud Mommy to B & B - Jan 2002

2+ yrs IF - 14 IUIs - 3 m/c (2 during IF, 1 years ago) - last injectable cycle worked!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Neytiri
    is excited!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I don't like laminate..don't like the way it looks (we replaced all our laminate with tile)...We have tiled 1/2 of that area but want to keep the carpet. Home depot has a deal going on for $138 per room including installation. I am hoping we can get in on that deal

Alexismith
    surrounded by boxes again
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    down here in San Antonio carpet prices are running 1.99 sqft for the bottom end up to 3-5 sqft for the high end stuff that does not include install and some companies charge as much as $2 sqft just to install but there is that home depot deal and lowes is a good instal price too.... if i were you i'd take the measurements to lowes and see which carpets you like then talk to the carpeting dept guy about it.... so far ive actually found them to be the best quality/price/install trade off... we're redoing the whole house in april!

It is a fair, even-handed, noble adjustment of things, that while there is infection in disease and sorrow, there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good-humour. 'A Christmas Carol'.

Patience
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    i dont know what part of texas your in but in hurst theres a stone mountain carpet mill...

http://stonemountaintx.com/
    Amy Married to dh for 13 years
    I have Lupus
    mom to 3 adopted kids bethany(8) Brittany(6)

Cameron(5) Several allergies, peanuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk, peanuts, walnuts, shrimp, corn, dogs, cats, pigweed, oak, xxxy syndrome and job syndrome(hyper-IGE)severe asthma and severe eczema, spastic hemiplegia cerebral palsy