FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    carola
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

My baby is vomiting and won't eat anything ...

My baby is vomiting for 2 nights in a row. During the day he doesn't want to eat anything and he is drinking a little bit. Yesterday, after all day of not eating anything he have a few spoons of rice and chicken and wanted his milk ( big mistake) , but then again at 3:00 pm he vomit again. This morning he wanted to have his milk but I gave him a little on Gatorade; but still not eating. What should I do if my baby keeps vomiting and won't eat anything ...what food are good for this situation.

TIA
    Carolina
    IVF/ICSI #1 BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 BFP Michael- 4/20/2007 Our Miracle

2. DebyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please call your pediatrician's office. They should have an afterhours nurse or DR line and they will tell you what they want you to do.

I don't think you are supposed to give babies Gatorade. There is Pedialyte at the drug store for them.

You need to keep trying to get your baby to drink water or formula (if it is still on formula). The worst thing is for your baby to get dehydrated.

That is why you need to call your DR NOW. Your baby could be dehydrated already if this has been going on two days and it won't drink anything.

Please let us know...

DebyD
    Emilie and Joseph 5/7/02

Diagnosed with MS, April 2004

Laenae
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he have a fever or running a temperature? That would explain the vomitting. My DS was sick vomitting last week and didn't want to eat anything. He hates medicine and I ground up some meltaways in his applesauce to reduce his fever. He drank gatorade after my Dr. suggested same. He would eat rice cooked with no butter, toast bread, bananas, applesauce and plain saltine crackers. He hardly had any appetite, but when I prompted him, he would eat that after some convincing. He is on antibiotics now for a sinus infection. He loves orange juice and milk but as long as he had a temperature, I did not give him any. He does not like water. I also tried giving him some flat sprite or ginger ale and he drank that.

Hope your baby gets his appetite back soon. I hate when the little ones are sick. They are so helpless.

Hugs,

Laenae
    Last edited by Laenae; 01-25-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Me/50 DH/46 - Married 25 years!!!
    K 02/19/00 (Clomid/C-Section) High Risk
    12 IUIs/inject.; 6 IVFs; 1 FET; 1 M/C Twins
    M 11/10/05 (C-Section) High Risk

"Live a good life; and in the end, it's not the years in a life that count...it's the life in your years!" Abraham Lincoln
    "Man is not free unless government is limited." Ronald Reagan

DebyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Once your baby can keep the water/milk/formula down, we generally use the BRAT diet to start the stomach back up. (If he has been eating these foods)

Bananas

Rice

Apples

Toast

DebyD

Things that are easy on the stomach.
    Emilie and Joseph 5/7/02

Diagnosed with MS, April 2004

maryme
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    I would call the doctor. Dehydration is a big problem with vomiting.

SC-blu_sky
    has no status.
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy
    My kids don't like pedialyte and I was told I could give them watered down gatorade, they like the flavor better and it got them hydrated. If you can give it to him a little at a time and once he can keep ot down for awhile give him larger amounts. He doesn't need to eat anything right away, the hydration is more important. Once he can keep things down go with the BRAT diet.
    Liz (37) DH (37)
    3.5 years ttc, 2 surgeries & 9 medicated cycles, end result priceless!
    Sofia and Alexander 11/14/06 @ 34w2d We are 6!!!
    Proud member of the 777 club!

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Take him in if he can't keep anything down.
    Amy

jenmom2myboys
    is blessed.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I would just keep pushing the liquids, except formula and just give a call to the Ped to be on the safe side.
    “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Confucius

T
    K
    W

C&R's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He's almost 2, right? I'd call the doc but also try to get fluids ... at his age, a popsicle is fun and helpful. When my kids were young they sold sell pedialite freeze pops, anybody know if they are still available? Problem is they take a while to freeze.
    Steph
    Mom to ds, age 14 from Korea and dd, age 12

Paula_in_DE
    is winter over yet?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Call your dr.'s office!!!
    Air Force wife of over a decade. Moving is a forced hobby of mine. Mom to 2 IVF miracles ds (9) and dd (4)
    "Be yourself everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde "True friends stab you in the front." Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast