FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Adding Tea Tree Oil to Shampoo??

I have read on here the benefit of tea tree oil in preventing lice...and I'm all about that

I bought tea tree oil today....how much do I add to the shampoo now?

Thanks!
    Dana

02/01/02
    08/20/04

2. Monchhichi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    The letter we got from the school said 15 drops.

I didn't like the smell and didn't like the mixing, so I bought a tea tree oil leave-in conditioner for my girls. Brooklyn has had lice in her daycare and I had them last week (AGAIN - the joys of teaching grade 1!) and neither of my girls has gotten them, so I would have to agree that it works. Now I just have to remember to use it on ME!
    Mommy to two beautiful girls:
    Jordan (8) - dx: Asperger's Syndrome, SID/SPD, milk allergy
    Brooklyn (5)- small but mighty!

Visit my online store!

Dana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    thanks...Taylor is in first grade so I am really paranoid about them!
    Dana

02/01/02
    08/20/04

3pookies
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    I bought the Rosemary Repel spray by Fairy Tales. It doesn't smell too good, but they claim it works. http://www.rosemaryrepel.com/ It's a great detangler too.
    Meredith
    Proud Mommy to Jillian - 6/02
    Noah - 3/04 and
    Sari - 3/06

Crystal
    is enjoying life.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I put about 7-10 drops in our shampoo but man does it stink! But I can tell you it works!
    Crystal

Maisey NY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use the Rosemary repel shampoo and leave in (spray on) conditioner on my kids. I don't mind the smell but I have boys with short hair so I don't have to use too much...

We have been through numerous lice breakouts in their school and so far they have remained lice free (knock on wood) so either it is working or we are just lucky.

Maisey
    Maisey
    H & D (IVF #4)

"But Charlie, remember what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted." "What?" "He lived happily ever after." Willy Wonka

punkin
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm using the QuitNits spray. It's eucalyptus-y smelling. I don't find it stinky--but it's not little girly.

Jillian had lice earlier this year--I think we caught it immediately. All I ever found on her head was 3 nits and one 'bug' . I used the QuitNits spray on all the kids and no one else ever got it. I recommend using something--washing/spraying/shampooing everything was a huge PAIN!
    Laura aka Punkin
    Mom to 5 Crazy Little People

CLICK ABOVE

C&R's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My dd had lice earlier in the school year. Since then I've putting tea tree oil on the hairbrush. About once a week I put a few drops on it. It stinks at first but dissapates quickly and seems to be working.

I've also bought Bioinfusion Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner: http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod3791630

Only issue is ... I can only find it at Walgreens, in a PACKAGE w/ one shampoo and one conditioner. My dd and I both have long, curly hair ... we generally go through two bottles of conditioner for every one bottle of shampoo ... so this isn't working for us. May be time to shop on-line for other brands.
    Steph
    Mom to ds, age 14 from Korea and dd, age 12

Dana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks!

I'm not too opposed to smelly stuff but you all had me worried. I went and opened the tea tree oil and sniffed it- it wasn't that bad. I added some to the shampoo. I'll have to check out a few of the other products. We had been using some by Paul Mitchell but it is $30ish for a bottle and I'm trying to watch my spending.

Do any of you know- is any of the shampoos that have tea tree oil listed as an ingredient ok or does it have to contain a certain amount?
    Dana

02/01/02
    08/20/04

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll be watching this thread too!!! I've thought of getting some tea tree oil as well. That would be my worst nightmare, one of my kids getting lice!!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast