FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andi3
    wants a status
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Swing sets -- at what age do they stop using them?

I don't post over here very often but needed to ask those of you with older kids a question. I have triplets who will be 5 very soon. We have had a metal swing set for the last 3 seasons but am wondering if it would be worth upgrading to one of the wooden play structures. We had thought we would originally--thinking we had bought the metal set just to get by for a while.

Now we have looked into upgrading a little bit. My question is, at what age did your kids stop wanting to play on the swingset? If they will outgrow it in a year or two we will probably just keep what we have; if they will still be using it at age 8 or 10 we may consider an upgrade. I know that DD would love to have one with a playhouse on top; just not sure it's worth $1000 or more especially if they will be done with it in a year or 2.

Thanks,

Andi
    g/b/g
    triplets who are almost 5 yrs. old!!!

2. Normita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dd is 8 and she still uses it.
    Norma

Mom to ME, born 6/4/00, International Adoption

2 angels in heaven 9/3/98 and 2/15/00

Kylie
    cool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    My kids are 8, 6, and 4. We built a wooden playstructure when Jill was 2.5 and Kara was 4 months old. Six years later all my kids are still utilizing it and the neighbor girl who is now 12 still plays on it too (swings and plays up in the "house" part. I think you still have at least 4-5 yrs worth of entertainment from one left, as long as you get one big enough for them to use. My neighbor has one of those tiny wooden sets that has only room for one body at the top of the slide platform, I think they outgrew it the moment their 2nd child was born. My husband and I can both stand up in ours .

Rita22
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We bought one for a 5 year old this summer.
    R

Mom to DS age 7

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.......

Leave the rest to God"

tessqt
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Mine are 9 & 11 and friends are 10 & 12 and they usually go out and play on it every time they come over. Actually one of them is here now, they all just finished dinner and are playing on it now!

I think about doing something with it but then they keep playing on it. They even go out and clean it up at the beginning of the spring, go figure!
    Take Care and God Bless
    Tess

China Angel - 1998
    Korea Angel - 2000

Rebekah
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have the cheapest junkiest swingset in the world and my kids all still play on it. My oldest are 12. They mostly hang out on it with their friends, gabbing, but still.....lol
    Very blessed SAHM to:
    16 16 10 5
    "It is no slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us."

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My 11 year old still plays on ours. Ours is one of the big ones and dh and I can go into the fort, too.

jan21
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 7.5 year olds don't use ours much anymore. It's a big wooden one. Then again, we haven't been home much this summer (at camp, vacations, day trips, town pool).

Janice
    L&E 11/00

StacyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    My boys are 11 and 9 1/2 and still use ours. We just have one of the metal ones. If we are blessed to add to our family I want to build one of the wooden ones. If we do not have anymore we will not as soon I am sure the boys will lose interest.
    God Blessed us with two wonderful boys
    B 1997 from our third IVF and ICSI
    G 1998 from our fourth IVF, ICSI and AH

Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.
    We are flexible.

3monkeys
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have an old aluminum set that we paid $129 when K was an infant. That was 11 yrs ago. All of the kids (8 yr old twins & 11.5 yo) still play on it with their friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast