FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Louisette
    got accepted into the Family Nurse Practitioner Program for Graduate School starting Fall '11

Post Thanks / Like

How long does your 5 month old sleep during the day?

We have a Foster Child whom we have had since 1 month old. She has always slept thru the night, and still does but since starting solids, she only takes a nap for 1 hour in the AM and 1 hour in the afternoon. She sleeps from 7pm - 7:00 am.

Should I just be thankful she sleeps thru the night or should I be concerned that she is awake 10 of the 12 hours during the day. Or, should I not worry about it at all. She is sleeping 14 hours in 24. Is that normal?

How long does your infant sleep in a 24 hour period?

Thanks

2. Advertisement

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd try putting her down two hours after she wakes. She may just be overtired and by the time she falls asleep, she probably doesn't sleep very long before her belly is hungry again. This routine worked gloriously for my kids and the little girl I babysat last year. Good luck!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Seth's Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 5 month old sleeps 10 to 11 hours a night. He naps 3 or 4 times during the day. They are usually about 30 to 45 mins. He usually goes down around 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm.

mellymom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi there, I was wondering how your placement was going from on the fost board! I have a fosterson, 5 mo old last wed, and he is a pretty good guy. he is going down at about 830 and usually crabby by 45 min before that. he is sleeping until 430 and requiring a bottle, but then sleeps until my girls come up and bother him around 7 or 8. he plays until around 10 then naps for 1-2 hours, then is up until about 2 and naps again for an hour, then is up over dinner time and may doze after dinner for .5 hr, but then is always ready to go to bed at 830. some days, we are busy and he doesn't get his usual, and then other days he makes a new usual! he just moved from 4oz at bedtime to 6 and he can make it through until 7am. he is eating 1/2 jar of fruit with oatmeal for breakfast and 2oz. he has 1/2 jar of veggies with oatmeal for lunch and then dinner. we are starting to give him bits of food from the table and bits of bread. he is a whopping 15lb9oz and that is big for my kids. he is casted on one leg for club foot, so he spends time in the exersaucer and then on the floor to practice rolling. does that give a window into his day? congratulations on your placement!

melanie
    bio kids: abi 20 anders 19 aaron 16! wow, 2 in college!
    9/4/03 home with annie from guat now 8 (home at 8mo)
    12/14/07 fc adoption kendell now 6 (in arms at 4 mo)
    8/4/10 fc adoption christopher now 3!(in arms 9wks)
    12/22/10 fc adoption collin now 3 also (in arms 5.5 mo...K's bro)
    2 chromosomal mc's in 2008
    12/07 wife to my high school sweetheart FINALLY after 25 yrs!