FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    agnes2712
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Leg pain....Can a Two year old have growing pains already?

I just got Avery back to sleep, this is the 3rd time she has woke up crying hysterically saying her legs hurt. The first time was a few weeks ago and then last week and now tonight. I gave her Motrin, but I am really concerned. Could this be growing pains or should I take her to the doctor? I always thought growing pains happened much later. Thanks for any help
    Tammy
    (DS) Trevor 20 years old-College...Hooray!
    (DD) Avery Grace 4/12/06
    (DD) Carlee Bren 9/09/07 born at 29 weeks
    (DS) Conner Darris 9/09/07-9/29/07........20 days old
    my sweet boy....you are always in my heart

2. Advertisement

JAG&JIV
    is praying for Emily
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My DD started with the same thing when she was 2 (close to 3). Tylenol or Motrin always helps. She still gets them every once in a while. I remember how painful I got them as a child but I only remember them as an older child (8 or 9). My pedi wasn't concerned.
    Me 35 DH 45

7 4 2

Galsunshine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Cameron also started around the age of 2. He is 4 now, and even though we still go through them occassionally it isn't as bad as it was. He would also wake up screaming and crying and wanting me to rub his legs. I always gave him tylenol or motrin also and rubbed his legs until he went to sleep. My other two never had a problem with growing pains, but Cam would get them really really bad. My dh says he use to get them bad when he was a kid too, and of course Cam is his daddy's clone, so I am not surprised
    Tammy

Dana
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd say that Taylor started getting them around that age; Tanner hasn't ever complained of them and he is almost 4. Taylor still gets them from time to time but not like when she was at that almost 3 age.
    Dana

02/01/02
    08/20/04

SC-Sherb
    living in CrazyTown!
    SC, BC of GP, 2WW & Preg after Loss-M/C
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    My DD got them around that age and she still gets them off and on and she's 11. My DH used to have them when he was little.

I used to use motrin or tylenol but now she prefer the rub Myoflex. It works really really well!

SC-blu_sky
    has no status.
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy
    I used to get them really bad when I was that little til I was about 11 or 12. The only thing that helped was when my Mom would stretch and flex my calf. They are very painful. I feel for her!
    Liz (37) DH (37)
    3.5 years ttc, 2 surgeries & 9 medicated cycles, end result priceless!
    Sofia and Alexander 11/14/06 @ 34w2d We are 6!!!
    Proud member of the 777 club!

sheryl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I think Briana was about that age when she started getting them. She gets them occasionally over the years. She still gets them at 6.5 yo. I give her Tylenol, rub them, and I wrap her baby blanket around her leg to keep it warm. I used to get them when I was younger and that is what my mom did. I think the Tylenol helps the most. Knocks her out.
    Sheryl - 49 yrs old
    Proud Mommy to B & B - Jan 2002

2+ yrs IF - 14 IUIs - 3 m/c (2 during IF, 1 years ago) - last injectable cycle worked!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

maj90
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    DD started this at about 2. Scared me to death at 1st till DH told me what he thought it was. Talk to our Ped and he confirmed. She still gets them from time to time and we give her Motrin
    Mary Ann
    mom to Tabitha 1/13/04
    our Blessing thru DA
    Before you were born: I dreamed of you, I imagined you, I prayed for you. Now that you're here: I hope for you, I love you and I thank God everyday for you. -Linda LaTourelle

lcole
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My ds started getting them at 2. He is 5 now and still has them. I've had him checked out by two orthopedic doctors (x-rays and everything). Both of them said it was growing pains and there was nothing we could do except give motrin for the pain. Nothing can prevent them and he can have them all the way into his teens.

dmbucky7
    is ready for a break...from LIFE!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I worried when the same thing started with Christopher. It was necessarily every night but it was often and he was in serious pain. I tried to rub them, give meds,etc but nothing seemed to really work. I mentioned it at his 2yo appt since he had been complaining since about 15mo or so and she kinda blew me off. I let it go for awhile but I finally had to say something again. She did xrays but found nothing. Well, she took xrays of the legs singlely and never a full body shot. I got frustrated and finally said something to my chiro. He did an xray of his full body and it was VERY obvious that his hips were off. He started getting adjustments and the pain went away almost instantly. I was hesitant at first taking him but I swear it was the only thing that worked. So, if you go to the doc and they take xrays, DEMAND that they do a full shot and not just a thigh or leg individually.
    DMB
    P&C - 10/07/04
    A - 10/15/08
    N - 9/23/09

Check us out on Facebook!! Hair Accessories and Jewelry with more to come!!
    Dreaming Tree Designs
    In need of gently used clothes? Check us out on Facebook - Bucky's Bin http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...51290688281344 We're a smoke-free, pet-free home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast