FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bump/cyst inside my vagina near cervix? Obviously TMI, but need input.

After checking my cervix for 8 years now I have never felt anything strange. Today I found a bump at the top of my vagina near where the cervix funnels down. What could it be? I will be calling a doctor in the morning to see if they can schedule me on Monday.

I checked only because I thought I had ovulated this week and wondered if the cramps I was feeling were implantation - not that we're ttc, but I was hopeful! I had seen some light spotting today and wondered if that was implantation spotting, but I figured it could also be my AF starting early. My AF's have been somewhat erratic, sometimes 2 weeks and sometimes 4 weeks apart. And while checking my cervix for menstrual blood, I found the bump - and streaky red blood (not menstrual).

WTH? I'm not worried it's something scary, so there's no need to panic! I'm just trying to find out if you've had this happen to you.
    Last edited by pepper; 06-14-2008 at 10:22 AM.

2. Advertisement

Sarah66
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one of these Nabothian cysts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabothian_cyst This might be what it is. Try not to worry, you did the right thing getting an appointment.
    Sarah66
    mommy to 2 wonderful kids! I can't believe how fast this goes Who hit the warp drive button?
    Ds age 12, Dd age 9

Mom to a special needs child--my amazing, funny, tenacious dd!

las
    just discovered the status thingy :D
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    prob. nabothian cysts... nothing to worry about.. i have tons of them..

las
    Proud mom to wonderful dd - 01-28-00
    Devoted wife to dh - 08/97
    Proud small biz. owner

SOAP PARTY FAVORS FOR BABY SHOWER /BAPTISM AND ALL OCCASIONS - http://www.gourmetscents.info

Join my Facebook Fanpage at http://www.tinyurl.com/soapfavors

Rep for Cutco Cutlery, the world's greatest knives. Ctc me to buy or for gift reg.

Give yourself or a loved on the gift that lives on FOREVER!

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have them and have just heard the doc refer to them as nodules. I am under the impression they are nothing to worry about.

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they bleed? This one is not firm, it's almost like when I found it, it "popped." I bled a little bit during intercourse last night, and it is not menstrual blood - it's from the thingy.

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I wouldn't say it's on my cervix. It's at the very top of my vagina on the vaginal wall itself. Does that make a difference?

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mine are hard and do not bleed. I have quite a few but I forget they are even there. They don't interfere with anything. Also- mine are on the cervix and on or in the vaginal wall.....

njmama
    is not a good multi-tasker...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah66
    I had one of these Nabothian cysts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabothian_cyst This might be what it is. Try not to worry, you did the right thing getting an appointment.
    Had me a few of these.
    ouchie.
    njmama

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever it is, I am now bleeding like AF, but it's NOT AF! Clots too, I think - large mucousy stretchy things. I'll change my title to TMI. No pain or cramps, just bleeding. I called a local family clinic and left a message to get an appointment for Monday, but I suppose if it gets worse I will have to head to the ER.

Sarah66
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodness, this is quite different from anything I ever had. Urgent care? I would not go to the ER if there is an urgent care around. 1) less wait usually 2) less expensive.

Hope everything settles down for you. Why is it that these things MUST happen over weekends? Hmmmmm
    Sarah66
    mommy to 2 wonderful kids! I can't believe how fast this goes Who hit the warp drive button?
    Ds age 12, Dd age 9

Mom to a special needs child--my amazing, funny, tenacious dd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast