FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Globe Life insurance for kids???  Also need input on life insuarnce for myself

ABCGIRLZ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Globe Life insurance for kids??? Also need input on life insuarnce for myself

is this good????

I currently do not have any life insurance on myself. I need to look into this. But where do I start????
    Last edited by ABCGIRLZ; 02-28-2008 at 05:43 PM.

2. Advertisement

momla
    now has a status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Momla Mommy to (10), (7)
    Baby Girl due April 27th!!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." ~Les Brown

ABCGIRLZ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    so basically enough to cover the funeral in case something happens......

momla
    now has a status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Go to www.daveramsey.com . Dave recommends Zander insurance. You can click on their link there. But, you can use any insurance agent. The key is that you want TERM life insurance. Not a whole life policy.

Here's what Dave says about whole life insurance vs term life insurance: http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/askdav...ContentId=6103
    and
    http://www.daveramsey.com/the_truth_..._3481.html.cfm

Then here is how much to take out. This is titled "with no kids" but read it. It addresses how much to get with kids too. http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/askdav...ContentId=6032

Come visit us on the personal finance board! This is the kind of stuff we talk about over there all the time!
    http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/foru...play.php?f=385
    Momla Mommy to (10), (7)
    Baby Girl due April 27th!!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." ~Les Brown

frdzgrl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have globe life on myself currently but did not get it for my dd. You honestly get about what you pay for it. They don't even have an 800 number for questions.
    -Nikki

DD: 10-6-2006
    DS: 10-22-2008

LynnC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dh is an agency manager for an insurance company that sells all types of insurance. (home,auto, health and life). Do you have an insurance agent you feel you can trust to give you good, honest recommendations? One thing to look for is an A rated company. We do have whole life policies on our boys even though it is not recommended by some financial advisers. It is so cheap because they are young and it is a Conservative savings for them. (Money we would not be saving if we were not doing this.) We have mostly term for ourselves and a little whole life. Term is the most financially sensible but if we live past the term of the policy we would not get anything as with whole life the policy time never runs out and you do make some interest on it. If you feel you only need to have the insurance until the boys are adults than you would probably want to go with term insurance. I hope this helps a little.