FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    TwoQTs
    is thrilled warm weather is on the way & here to stay!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Any of the Psalms helps me a lot. And Proverbs would be a good one as well.. anything in Proverbs.

Some others:

http://www.biblebell.org/lap.html#Lordwatchesme

Wanted to add: when I'm feeling really down, I read a couple Psalms then get online & find hymns of comfort on Cyberhymnal. Some of the stories behind the hymns are amazing. It helps cheer me up. one of my faves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VW7...elated&search=

I play that one for church fairly often these days.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/o/sometiwu.htm

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/l/t/altheway.htm

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/m/y/myanchor.htm

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/n/e/neveralo.htm

Note that the cyberhymnal hymns have verses which go with the song scrolling across the top of the screen.
    Last edited by TwoQTs; 08-09-2007 at 04:30 PM.
    Kristin single mom to
    Emily & Alison Nov. 29/00
    June/03
    Daniel James, July 29th, 2004 stillborn at 32.5 weeks (cord accident)

Walk softly and carry a big stick.

2. Advertisement

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    One of my all time favs.... It really helps me. I hope you find comfort here....

Philippians 4:4-9

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
    5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
    6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers ( and sisiters), whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

JenC

Daje
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully I'm not repeating any, but I probably am:

Psalms 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalms 61:1-2

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalms 18:16-19

he reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me on the day of my diaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Isaiah 4:10, 13

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and hlep you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand that?

Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary , burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 6:21

For where your treasure is, there your heart is also.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Romans 12:12

Be joyful in hope. patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you.

II Timothy 4:18

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I would also recommend the book "The Power of The Praying Wife". Your churches library more than likely has it.

I'm sorry you are struggling.

formerly Mommafirst

Blessed Mama
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1st My favorite bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11. It has helped me alot. I know the plans I have for you saith the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.

Then my new favorite song that is awesome! Here are the words and if you want to listen I am also providing a link to it on Youtube. Verse 1:
    Been a hard one, Been a bad one
    Been a tough one, Been a sad one
    It's been one of those days that keeps chipping away at my heart
    Nothing new here, It's what I do here
    its a stereotypical day, in the life
    I'm surrounded by all of the pain and the strife
    but I know it's alright, woah oh

Chorus:
    Cause it's only the world i'm living in
    It's only today i've been given
    There ain't no way i'm giving in
    Cause it's only the world (only the world)
    I know the best is still yet to come
    Cause even when my days in the world are done
    There's gonna be so much more than only the world for me
    do do do do do do do do do, yeah its only the world

Verse 2:
    Anybody can you hear me?
    Do you feel me? I mean, do you feel me?
    I know I'm not the only one wearing the weight in this world
    We got problems (said it's alright)
    Just remember (yeah, it's alright)
    Take a good look around we're just stuck on the ground for a little while
    Don't it make you smile

Chorus:
    Cause it's only the world i'm living in (Yeah)
    It's only today i've been given(Yeah)

Bridge:
    Heaven is a place where the tears on every face will be wiped away
    And I can't wait to go, but for now it's enoughto know
    This is only temporary this is only, Yeah, Alright!

Chorus:
    It's only the day i've been given

It's only tod i've been given
    (So much more than only the world, yeah)

do do do do do do do do do, yeah its only the world I find when I am down I listen to an uplifting song, I grab the baby and dance around. Sometimes the tears flow but by the time it is finished I feel better. The words to this song are just wonderful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBlz0fkOAF4

Praying for you!
    I know the plans I have for you," sayth the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Great song blessed mama-- I just can hear our choir singing it!

Minnie2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Chicken soup for the soul. It's always an uplifting book.
    JT
    ~ Sweetpea
    ~ Sunshine

LandJ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You know, I've avoided opening this thread all day as I've been having a particularly bad day myself (in my blog, sort of). But in my Bible reading tonight I came across a particularly helpful verse for myself and figured I'd come here to share it with you.

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way....
    1 Thessalonians 3:16.

And while I know our situations are very different, the bottom line is the same. Neither of us have our husband's by our side. I've found it particularly comforting after putting ds to bed to open my Bible to read and pray. I used to do this in the a.m. for years, but lately I've found it much more helpful and actually more relaxing (I know that sounds weird) to do it at night when it's very quiet in the house. At first I had to force myself to do it, but now I actually look forward to it.

And in the end, I'm extremely grateful that I opened this thread. I know you're the one who asked for the verses, but I'm also finding much comfort in reading the responses. I'm going to print out this thread to keep. So thank you for asking for the Bible verses....you've helped someone else out tonight.
    8 years old

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Here are the words to one of my favorite songs:

Still
    Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

Hide me now
    Under your wings
    Cover me
    within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
    I will soar with you above the storm
    Father you are king over the flood
    I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
    In Christ alone
    Know his power
    In quietness and trust
    (I think the song is sung by United Hillsong?)
    Also:
    You have gotten many good bible verses here.
    I agree that Jerimiah 29:11 is a good one. In fact its one of my personal favoites and was the subject of a devotional at a meeting I attended tonight. When I read the verse earlier tonight it reminded me that God is in control and that His plan is perfect and better than anything i coul dream up even if i can't see that His plan is better than mine, right now. Oh Emily, if I could give you abig hug right now I would. please know you have been and continue to be in my prayers even though we have never met.
    Cathy
    PS-Pick up a few Christian cd's if you can and play them. The music and lyrics will lift your spirits.(Casting Crowns, Any of the WOW cd's are good for contemporary christian music)
    Even when you are so worn out that you cannot pray for yourself please know that the Holy Spirit that lives in you is praying and interceding with God on your behalf!
    Last edited by Cathy; 08-09-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: to add a few things
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

SuzCa
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    This was given to me years ago after i had lost my mother at 15

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

--- Max Ehrmann, 1927

I hope you find some peace Doodle. I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time.
    DD Sophia, twelve, in middle school, wants to be a computer programmer.

Breast Cancer Survivor - In Support of all of our survivors.

BC-NanceLee
    is the chirpy moderator of the Over 35 Board
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hey babe.

Funny - the words I am going to share are words I read Monday in my Courage to Change (One Day At a Time in Al-Anon) book. I started reading Al-Anon material when dealing with my ex's alcoholism. I learned my codependency went WAY back, to my childhood experience with my mother. Years after my divorce, the ex's recovery, my current marriage, what we went through - still, I find these daily meditations often hit the nail right on the head.

When I read this entry Monday night, I thought immediately of you - because I know how these words would have helped ME during our struggle, and how true they are, having lived them not so long ago. I wanted to come here and share them but it seemed presumptuous. Now that you have asked, it seems more than ok to share them. ((hugs)) and much love,

NL

I dreamt that I was trapped in a burning room. Thick smoke filled the air, and the only exit door was blocked by fire. As I gasped for breath, a hand appeared behind the flames, beckoning me to come. I knew that freedom, light, and cool air were on the other side of that door, and that certain death awaited me if I remained. Still, I hesitated. How could I walk through the fire?

Sometimes I feel the same way about the challenges I face in my waking life. Even when my position is hopeless and my Higher Power beckons, urging me to take a risk, I still hesitate, hoping for a miracle. I forget that the miracle is already here. Today, I have a Higher Power who is always there for me, helping me to cope with my fears and find new, effective solutions to my problems. Thus, I am taken beyond the problems that once held me hostage. I am free to act or not to act, to take a chance, to hold off on a decision, to make choices that feel right.
    If you have any questions about your fertility treatment or doctor, the Patient Care Advocates may be able to help.

Me fifty-freakin' six! DH 35, Max 24, Cole 19
    The only choice in life is love vs. fear. I choose love. ALWAYS.

Change is inevitable, growth is intentional. - Unknown

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast