FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Magpie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I reopen a pierced ear hole?

I haven't worn earrings in months and now I can't get an earring through the holes as they have closed up. I used to be able to just poke the earrings through when this happened but no luck. Any ideas about how I can do this at home?
    -Magpie
    Robbie 12/03/02
    Vincent 1/16/06

Between the world we see and the things we fear, there are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality. 'A Haunting,' New Dominion Pictures

2. Advertisement

Mom2boyz67
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    what I've done is ice my ear completely up and just gritted my teeth and pushed the sucker through. it hurts like heck and there is blood-but its the only thing I've done. now of course I am violently allergic to ALL earrings so its a moot point. gee....think there may be a correlation?! have no clue if this is safe or not, but its what I used to do!

TrickiWoo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    To be honest, I wouldn't try it. I poked an earring through a hole that had closed a bit too much and now it's all messed up. I wish I had gotten it re-pierced at a piercing salon with a needle.
    Now when I put an earring in that ear I have to get it at the right angle to find the part of the hole that I poked through myself, there's another hole in that earlobe that is a dead end which was the original hole, I think (not sure if that makes sense). I'm probably lucky that it didn't get infected.

StacyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I have always just pushed an earring through. Maybe go to someone who does piercings and see what they have to say. Does you hairdresser does this, I know mine does?
    God Blessed us with two wonderful boys
    B 1997 from our third IVF and ICSI
    G 1998 from our fourth IVF, ICSI and AH

Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.
    We are flexible.

Ames
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you go to a person that does them, they will do it again pretty cheap. I woudl do it myself(and I have) have a hot shower though. the warm soaking softens up the tissue and expands the holes. if you are worried about the pinching/pain whatever you want to call it, just go get someone to do it for you. Oh, if you do it yourself, you could get baby studs because they are thin
    Tyler Aidan born March 11th/03
    Mackenzie Heather born Feb. 25th 2006!
    Now a very proud single mom of them both

Ask me how...I lost weight(27 pounds)
    I got off percocet(200 a month) for degenerative spine and endo pain.
    All clinically proven. All natural.
    Research it. 100% backed up.

babygirl
    Have a great day!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick
    UGH!!!! Rylina ripped both my earings out but I always found them. This time I did not. I plan on getting them re-pierced when she better behaved!
    Colleen
    Rylina Catherine
    4-6-02

"I made it through the rain and found myself respected by the others who got rained on too and made it through..."