FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KKCC
    Queen Bee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Angelic

T ball coach gift??

Do you get your tball coach any sort of gift for their work for the season?

Our coaches take the kids out after every game for Ice cream or to the concession stand somewhere for a snack. They always insist they pay. They even offer to buy for siblings and parents. So theres a week left in the season. I was wondering do coaches get gifts of thanks? She has 2 and what on earth would you get them ???? lol. I can do ladies, I can throw a name on a bag, an apron, candy but what woudl be nice for a male tball coach???

TIA!!
    Mommy to K and M

2. Advertisement

Mom2boyz67
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.... I am coaching my son's team this year and I would LOVE a gift!

Seriously though- I wouldn't expect anything. the other mom I coach with and I are throwing a little BBQ and ice cream party right after the last game this week and handing out little medals to the kids! But I honestly wouldn't expect a thing from the parents. I coached because I love being in the middle of things and I played softball all through high school and I want my boys to have the same love of the game!

Magpie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you have nice T-Ball coaches. We had our son in pee-wee T-Ball (for kdis age 4-6) through our parks and rec department in our city. It was only six weeks. The coaches were a young male and a young female. I got them a Thank you card (with a personalized little note from Robbie) and put a $10 Starbucks gc in each card. They really seemed to appreciate it. He gave them their cards at the end of the awards ceremony and it doesn't look like any of the other parents got them anything.

I posted this same question a few weeks ago. Some mentioned getting the coach a Home Depot gc but the coach is probably in his early 20's and probably not doing the home remodeling thing yet. Also, I didn't want to spend too much money so I thought a Starbucks card would be best.
    -Magpie
    Robbie 12/03/02
    Vincent 1/16/06

Between the world we see and the things we fear, there are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality. 'A Haunting,' New Dominion Pictures

Minnie2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    a food gift certificate and maybe a personalized mug that says "world's best coach"
    JT
    ~ Sweetpea
    ~ Sunshine

WWhite
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    my dh is our boys tball coach and a signed ball by all the players would mean so much for your coach. They sell the clear cubes the ball goes in so you could get them to sign the ball, put it in the cube, and the coach will cherish it forever. I promise and know firsthand!
    mom to three great boys 8, 6, 6

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

JenBopp
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My business partner has coached for years, and is co-coaching DS's coach-pitch team right now with DH. I know in past years, he has LOVED the signed baseballs by the team (but remember to put the year on it!).

Also, we've taken up a collection in the past and presented gift cards to a favorite restaurant. (ask SO's or family members, if they're available, what their fave's are).
    Jen
    Mommy to Jake 9/30/99 and Simon 4/24/04

C&R's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ALL of the coaches my son has had so far show up to early morning games carrying coffee .... so I give them coffee gift certs ... usuall for $10.
    Steph
    Mom to ds, age 14 from Korea and dd, age 12

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My DH coached my son's team and I had all the boy's sign a new baseball for him and one for the assistant coach. BIG hit!!!! Also , the kid's all got together and got him a gift card to Sports Authority! He loved it!!

Joey
    has a status...Canuck Follower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dh and I have coached soccer, hockey and baseball for many years. Generally, the team mom collects from each parent (around $5 per parent) and then they buy a certificate to a dining place. Dh and I love getting them. It means we can have an evening out for a drink and appetizers and it costs us nothing.
    Joey
    Connor - 33 wkr - now 19 yrs old - Feb 1995
    Callie - stillborn at 34 wks, Jan 19, 1999
    Caden - 33 wkr - now 12 yrs old -Jun 2001

robli
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One year for my girls softball coach, we had the team pic put onto a t-shirt with "Worlds Best Coach" and the team name on it and then had all the kiddos sign it with sharpie markers. It was really cute.
    Robin
    ~~~~
    Julia 10 yrs
    Christy 9 yrs
    Jason 4 yrs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast