FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Oprah is finally going to do a show on Stillbirth!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jane Smith
    long time FTer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I just wondered what was meant by *it is about time*. As the mother of a child who was stillborn, I was wondering what you meant. I know very well what it feels like, what it felt like to me, the ways in which I still greive for my Saige, the way in which I am perceived etc. People seem to think that because I am carrying on, that I have moved on. In my mind, there is a big difference. I have to acrry on because I have 2 other children and even though my world stopped for a while after Saige died, it did not stop forever. There are many people who seem to think that I am over the loss. I will be interested to see how the show is stuructured and the message that Oprah is trying to convey.

2. Advertisement

Jadeeye
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus
    I just wondered what was meant by *it is about time*. As the mother of a child who was stillborn, I was wondering what you meant. I know very well what it feels like, what it felt like to me, the ways in which I still greive for my Saige, the way in which I am perceived etc. People seem to think that because I am carrying on, that I have moved on. In my mind, there is a big difference. I have to acrry on because I have 2 other children and even though my world stopped for a while after Saige died, it did not stop forever. There are many people who seem to think that I am over the loss. I will be interested to see how the show is stuructured and the message that Oprah is trying to convey.
    I can relate to this too. Same ppl who said "get over it" will think at one point that you carried on. And also understand what you mean about gotta "carry on" for your LCs. Life does go on (after it stops for us) just very differently after a loss.

My Angels
    Lil' Angel 04/11/05 (8w)
    Jada & Jaelynn 11/25/05 (22w) id twins

My big boy Damien Marlon 11/26/00
    My baby Dorian Jayden 02/26/08

dmbucky7
    is ready for a break...from LIFE!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    So...when will this show air??
    DMB
    P&C - 10/07/04
    A - 10/15/08
    N - 9/23/09

Check us out on Facebook!! Hair Accessories and Jewelry with more to come!!
    Dreaming Tree Designs
    In need of gently used clothes? Check us out on Facebook - Bucky's Bin http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...51290688281344 We're a smoke-free, pet-free home.

MamaMaggie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You said it better then I could have!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeeye
    Ashley forgive my question, I read through your long post, but I don't see you are a loss Mom. I am not saying you are not experiencing loss in the family, I just don't think to be a loss family member is anything like being a loss Mom. I was a loss family member before I was a loss Mom....nothing like it! My Godmother lost her daughter before she turned 14, my cousin had a 40 weeker still born and I thought I knew....but after my own loss I realized I was a DHAC too!
    I felt a little offended by your post...
    Maggie
    Mama to Annabelle 11/10/98-11/17/98, Francesca 3/15/00, and Natasja 6/17/04

Louisette
    got accepted into the Family Nurse Practitioner Program for Graduate School starting Fall '11

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I've found so far.

If you'd like Oprah's producers to consider you and your story for her show, go to this link:

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templa...ugId=256500001

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    I think that if done properly this could be a wonderful opportunity to bring awareness to the general public. Wouldn't it be great if this show could be done in October during National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month! The world needs to realize that one does not just *get over* the loss of a child....that it becomes a part of our lives and stay a part of our daily lives forever. Slowly things are changing....for the better, people are realizing what loss parents deal with and go thru......but still more awareness is needed. Oprah is a HUGE name.....this is a HUGE opportunity. Personally I'm thrilled!!!
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123