FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Fatcatsmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bad breath after adenoid removal with older child

Hi,

My almost 5yo ds had his adenoids out and tubes in last week. In the last 3 days, his breath has turned horrendous! He started school back today and I brushed his whole mouth (teeth, tongue and roof), had him gargle with salt water and listerine, but it didn't help much, especially by the end of the day. I don't want him ostracized by the other kids or made fun of. I know it is because his scars are healing, but is there anything I can do to help this breath issue in the meantime?Thansk for any input you have.

Oh, and Go GAtors!
    Fatcatsmom
    Now mom to Jessica & John, 1/24/02
    and proud wife to a great SAHD!
    Two parts of our hearts in heaven. 2/01; 10/05

2. Advertisement

kasey g
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! I am so glad my DD is not alone here. She had her adenoids and tonsils removed and she has the worst halitosis. We took her to the dentist and she had one itty bitty cavity. He filled it but said it was not contributing to the breathe issue. My DD just turned 5 a week ago. We took her to the doctor, and she just finished Augmentin which did nothing. He said to try pepcid complete chewable and see if that helps. Now your DS might be related to the healing process. My DD had her out 4 years ago. We are meticulous about her teeth and listerine and floss after every meal and her breathe is still so bad. She said the kids at school make fun of her because of it .

Kasey

StaceyTX
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Could he (she) possibly have tonsil stones? They can make your breath smell really bad.

I had them really bad until I had my tonsils removed when I was a senior in high school.

Look them up on the net....they are pretty gross.
    Born in Heaven 12/5/01
    9 years old
    7years old
    4 years old

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown

Mollyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My DD has the worse breath for awhile after she had her adenoids out (she was 18 months old at the time) . and nothing helped it.

The doctor told me that it was part of the healing process, and not to be worried about it.

Molly
    3 IVF's and 1 FET negative ( )
    next step donor eggs ( )
    1ST DE cycle - twins!!
    My 29 week miracles Born August 15, 2003

Thanking the Keeper Of The Stars for my precious miracles that are now 9!!

hopie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    mY son had his tonsils and adenoids out on 12/27 and his breath is just now starting not to smell so bad. Those first few days were awful.
    Hope
    Mommy to a 03/19/03

Back on the Weight loss wagon - 15 lbs

Fatcatsmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone - poor kiddo. I'm glad to see it is normal. I did some reading too that was reassuring.
    Fatcatsmom
    Now mom to Jessica & John, 1/24/02
    and proud wife to a great SAHD!
    Two parts of our hearts in heaven. 2/01; 10/05