FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

N/P - Wood privacy fence - cypress or pressure treated pine??

We are ready to put a new fence up but we are getting conflicting recommendations from the fence companies. Cypress is a tad bit cheaper but they warranty against splitting and the pressure treated pine doesn't. (We are getting a board on board pattern for maximum privacy.)

Anyone have knowledge on the subject???

2. Advertisement

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I don't know much about cypress (i.e. is it rot-resistant, etc). I like the idea of the lower price + guarantee. Pressure treated wood is good too. It is greenish when it's installed, but within a year it will look brown (or at least our play set did--the green was gone in 6 months). Guess I haven't helped much, huh?
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

RobinL
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know anything about cypress, but if it's not treated it would be better choice as far as the environment goes. I think they outlawed the old pressure-treated wood a couple years ago because it contained dangerous chemicals, but I'm not sure how it is now. Something to look into.
    Robin
    Duncan (surviving twin)--13yrs.
    Chloe Rose (angel twin)
    Sophie--9yrs