FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cheri
    - 6 yr Breast Cancer Survivor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What does your 5-6 year old want for Christmas?

The grandparents are asking.....what does Johnny want for Christmas AND his birthday in December so I was wondering what others of the same age are interested in too.

So far, the only thing he is interested in is GameBoy which I am buying for him.

Cheri & Johnny, 10 years old- IVF miracle
    Breast Cancer Survivor since 2/4/05- 6 years!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

MarinaTwinMom
    says hello!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    DS wants Transformers.

DD wants (gasp) Bratz dolls. (Some of the ones coming out right now aren't too bad - like the Sportz line - so Santa may do this.)

We're also thinking about getting them some sort of musical instrument. DS says he really wants to play guitar, and some companies (Hohner, Jay Turser) make small ones for $75 or so.
    and

KoKo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wants a pirate ship and some dinosaur island thing. Other than that, nothing yet, but I'm sure we'll be getting all kinds of input from him in the next few weeks!

Oh, we are getting him a tee so he can practice playing t-ball/baseball.
    T

C ~Eight years R ~ Five Years A ~ Five Years

4sweeties
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    N will be 6 in Feb. He wants the Star Wars transformers. This makes me laugh because he's only seen parts of the first movie, but he and his classmates are obsessed with anything Star Wars. He also asked for (but will not be receiving) a Nintendo DS Lite. He will likely receive a Brio Builder kit, he has some small sets and likes them a lot, also lighted k'nex, and Playmobil Knight take-along (Target has these).
    J 15
    J 13
    N 10
    M 6

Kimberly
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am getting the same questions Cheri!!! And I am clueless for the most part. Santa is bringing a bike! He wants a trampoline... we are on the fence about it, but a grandparent might be willing to buy it.... so we will see.
    Kimberly

DH Mike
    DS Jacob Bryce - 12/17/2000

LizGA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack wants some golf clubs and a Razor scooter. Yesterday he saw a Shell Shocker on TV and decided he wantsone of those too. A little research revealed the cost...including the battery pack.....~ $100. He has enough remote control vehicles; I think he can live without another one.
    I am thinking about getting him either a cheap mp3 player (as he loves certain songs he hears on the radio and we could download them) or a kids digital camera.
    Liz - dw to TomGA
    Jack 10-2000

Paula_in_DE
    is winter over yet?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical
    DS wants Transformers and Lego City toys.
    Air Force wife of over a decade. Moving is a forced hobby of mine. Mom to 2 IVF miracles ds (9) and dd (4)
    "Be yourself everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde "True friends stab you in the front." Oscar Wilde

Mrs.H
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    craft stuff
    Monica

Claire, Lily, Tess

BethB
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh I am so glad to see this thread. I am really at a loss for ideas this year. I am getting them leapster games and harder books for their leap pads. Andrew has been obsessed with dinoisaurs for so long that I think he already has every dinosaur there is (or I don't want to know about anymore if there are any ) He is moving to a new wildlife and animal obsession (thank you animal planet) so I will look for something in that arena guess. They will need new bikes in the summer, so I guess if I get desperate enough we could ask santa for those but they won't have a chance to ride them til spring so it seems kinda mean to give them to them in Dec.

Isn't it hard having their birthday and Christmas so close together! Thanks for starting the thread. I will defnitely be coming back!
    BethB

Andrew and Alyssa - 8
    Julia - 3

dd123
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have no clue but we do the double whammy of Christmas and Hannukah so I really need to get my butt in gear and make the list.

We purchased 3-4 Justice League figures that ds wants - Booster Gold is the hardest one along with Solomon Grundy.

Now the list (and remember 8 are for Hannukah)
    leapster games (2)
    another game boy advance game not sure which one yet - maybe I Spy or something.
    Computer game

Beyond that, I am totally clueless. We already have so much stuff - we have the trex set, we have tons of race tracks/cars, a few r/c cars (even a batmobile that we bought last year for $100 that ds never uses).

He loves books but I dont like to give him that for holidays. We buy books all the time.

I may have my sister buy him an inexpensive digital camera since he loves to take pictures - the kid ones are not worth the money since there is only a $30 difference in price (maybe a little more but not much).
    Maybe a tv?

Beyond that, he needs nothing and wants for nothing. I hate the holidays.

dd123
    ds 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast