FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

LisaN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused

Art/activity desk for a 5 year old?

Can anyone recommend an art desk for a 5 year old boy? I've seen a couple on line (Art Master, Step 2) that have what I want (chair, desk area, storage for supplies) but they seem too young/small. Anything else I've seen seems way too old or doesn't have storage.

Anyone have any thoughts on a desk versus an easel? I could get an easel and get a separate piece for storage?

Thanks for any recommendations
    Lisa

"Is uniformity of opinion desirable? No more than of face and stature." Thomas Jefferson

2. Advertisement

KarenS-MI
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I don't have any recommendations, but I just wanted to bump this back to the 1st page for you.

Good luck finding one!

Karen
    A- 5 3/4
    I- 2 3/4

tarasue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't seen one I like, either... but I would NOT recommend an easel. We had one, and it was really more of a novelty than a useful item. Ds found it awkward to paint or draw with his work "up in the sky" as he called it; using a flat surface was better for him. (The easel did have a chalkboard side that was kind of nifty, but chalk inside the house is not my favorite thing... eventually he colored the chalkboard with markers anyway.)

Good luck!

LisaN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks for the bump and for the info on the easel
    Lisa

"Is uniformity of opinion desirable? No more than of face and stature." Thomas Jefferson

Joey
    has a status...Canuck Follower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa:

I bought a Fisher Price desk set that never ever got used. For some reason, the kids would rather sit in the kitchen at the island and do art work.

Caden's set now sits out on the deck. I have to hold a garage sale.
    Joey
    Connor - 33 wkr - now 19 yrs old - Feb 1995
    Callie - stillborn at 34 wks, Jan 19, 1999
    Caden - 33 wkr - now 12 yrs old -Jun 2001

sue in CA
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    At that age I would go with a regular desk so he is set for art, homework, etc. The "art desks" are too young. If it is just something for art, you might also look at a drafting table sort of thing that can be slanted up for artwork and then put down flat for other projects.

LisaN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sue, I think you are right. At this point we'll get a desk. That is just so grown up

Joey, I'm trying to get Nicholas off of my areas My coffee table has seen too much glue stick and tape

Thank you for your advice!
    Lisa

Joey
    has a status...Canuck Follower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaN

Joey, I'm trying to get Nicholas off of my areas My coffee table has seen too much glue stick and tape
    Lisa.....I laugh every time I look at my coffee table. I have two end tables that look as perfect as the day I bought them 7 years ago and a coffee table that looks like a chicken has been pecking at it.

Have you tried going to Staples to buy a replica school desk. I saw them there last year but we already had the Fisher Price table.

BTW.....email me about how your pregnancy is going. I've been forced to lurk (or is that stalk ) on the due date boards.
    Joey
    Connor - 33 wkr - now 19 yrs old - Feb 1995
    Callie - stillborn at 34 wks, Jan 19, 1999
    Caden - 33 wkr - now 12 yrs old -Jun 2001