FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Joyous
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

Need finger sandwich ideas(kids birthday party)

We are having a small bday party on Monday it will between 6-8 kids. Zoe mentioned pizza which is funny as she is not a big pizza fan so I started thinking about little sandwhiches. My kids are not really picky and try about anything but I was wondering if any of you have ideas? My ideas are pimento cheese sandwich's, chicken salad, ham/cheese. Peanutbutter is out due to ds being allergic to it. Besides that I was going to make a fruit salad, potato salad, and a veggie tray. Oh and I can't forget the chips. Anyone else have any good ideas?

I'm trying to keep it a bit simple...we will go swimming and then I was going to have the kids make a tie dye tshirt instead of a goody bag. Is this lame? I know already my ds will be saying "where's the candy?" as that is the only time he gets candy.

2. Advertisement

SueZ
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, that's a tough one. My son tries just about everything, one of them that is, but pimento I don't think he would try and I know he wouldn't eat a cheese sandwhich, but he would eat turkey! Can you throw in some jelly sandwhiches and turkey sandwhiches? He wouldn't eat potato salad either or chicken salad, but he would eat french fries! LOL And he would eat pasta salad. Just a few ideas
    Suzanne
    ^!^ Zachary, 5/3/98-5/4/98, born 36 weeks, genetic kidney disease
    m/c
    Nicholas Zachary, December '99
    Jesse Daniel, 9/4/03

susane
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    strawberry creamcheese sandwiches.............yum!
    one my mom does is rolls out the bread flat spreads with cream cheese and tops with a slice of ham and then rolls it around a thin spear of dill pickle. then cut into rounds. my kids love them.
    Susan
    Jake 8 yrs old
    Tyler 6 yrs old

lilysmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    what about pigs in a blanket?
    Mom to Lily & Claire

Mrs M
    married
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    When we were kids my mom used to make jelly in oranges.

Cut a large orange in half, scoop out all the inside - fill it with the jello mixture (as if it were a bowl) - let it sit in the fridge until firm and then cut into quarters - always a big hit!
    Sue
    DS 18 DD 12

Somewhere in your make-up there lies sleeping, the seed of achievement which, if aroused and put into action, would carry you to heights, such as you may never have hoped to attain...

MamaBear
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    My cousin made these delicious little cucumber sandwiches for another cousin's wedding reception. They were really good and my kids just scarfed them down! I'd actually like the recipe myself, so I'll email her and see if I can get it to share with you too.
    Me DH
    Married for almost 15 wonderful years!!!

A-13 A-10 C-7

~*Live Well*~ ~*Laugh Often*~ ~*Love Much*~

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." Benjamin Franklin

Maisey NY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say cream cheese jelly too
    also how about Tunafish
    ham & cheese
    turkey & cheese
    egg salad

Cut the sandwiches into fun shapes with cookie cutters and kids will eat just about anything!

Have a fun party.
    Maisey
    H & D (IVF #4)

"But Charlie, remember what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted." "What?" "He lived happily ever after." Willy Wonka

MamaBear
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Cucumber Sandwiches!

Just got the recipe.

Score and slice the cucumbers. Marinate for four hours in 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar. Cut bread with round biscuit cutter. Take 8 oz cream cheese to 1 pkg dry ranch mix and mix together with a little mayo for smooth consistency. Pat cucumber slices dry, spread mix on bread, top with cucumber and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
    Me DH
    Married for almost 15 wonderful years!!!

A-13 A-10 C-7

~*Live Well*~ ~*Laugh Often*~ ~*Love Much*~

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." Benjamin Franklin

Joyous
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Thanks all! I think I am going to try MamaBears cuke sandwhich, pimento cheese, and tuna fish sandwhiches. I think I will try some of the others mentioned another time though...I'm still thinking of the creamcheese/jam one... I tend to go overboard though and have a panic attack. Oh I'm going to try a pasta salad from the recipe bb that sounds good, make a fruit salad, and do chips/dip.

Gosh we went to the store to order a cake 40.00 for a cake! is that a normal price? So I decided and Z didn't seem to mind that her and I would make yummy cupcakes...I'd much rather spend that kind of money on an extra present or on the tye die shirt craft we are doing as the party favor.

Anyway thanks all.

CJD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi J!,

For our b-days we make pbj and cut them with a cookie cutter to match the b-day theme. C had strawberry shortcake, so I made pb and strawberry jam and cut them with a flower cookie cutter. For D, spiderman I used a halloween spider cookie cutter. Little kids love them!

Hugs,
    Not so much a Domestic Goddess...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast