FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    momla
    now has a status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Thanks everybody. Addison's picture looks about like Jake's would. I think if there were 3 separate little pictures on a page he would color with 3 different colors. But, one big picture he would have a tendency to color yellow.
    Momla Mommy to (10), (7)
    Baby Girl due April 27th!!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." ~Les Brown

2. Advertisement

JoanneNY
    Long time FTer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Momla, I'm so glad you asked about this! Dylan loves art - likes to make collages, loves to draw and is quite good at it - but coloring? He has no interest, no patience, and thinks it's a big ole chore. He does use many colors but it's definitely a scribbling kind of coloring - lines in all different directions and everything is "rainbow" colored. Rainbow horse, rainbow dog, rainbow house . When he does his drawings, he rarely colors them in and kind of groans when presented with a coloring book.
    Joanne
    Dylan ~ 9 years old and his ^i^ twin
    ^i^ 3/03

"All great ideas were crazy before they were brilliant."

momla
    now has a status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneNY
    Momla, I'm so glad you asked about this! Dylan loves art - likes to make collages, loves to draw and is quite good at it - but coloring? He has no interest, no patience, and thinks it's a big ole chore. He does use many colors but it's definitely a scribbling kind of coloring - lines in all different directions and everything is "rainbow" colored. Rainbow horse, rainbow dog, rainbow house . When he does his drawings, he rarely colors them in and kind of groans when presented with a coloring book.

Same with Jake. Although I wouldn't say he *loves* to draw but he enjoys it and is quite good at it. Yes, everything is rainbow colored or not the typical color here too. For example, he drew Mickey Mouse in all green last night--both on the paper and on my carpet (about 12 inches in diameter) in Crayola Slick Stix--those lipstick type crayons. Yep. We may need new carpet in the family room and my house is only a year and a half old!
    Momla Mommy to (10), (7)
    Baby Girl due April 27th!!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." ~Les Brown

LBWP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I have b/g twins who will be 4 (in less than a month) & while dd will use different colors & stay inside the lines, ds prefers (1) color crayon & colors everything the same-never staying inside the lines. If there happens to be a blue crayon in the bunch-that's his favorite color & that's the color the picture will be. He too goes back & forth across the page coloring the entire picture.

L (42)
    K&E=3.11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12