FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tammyh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Help! My dd touched a light bulb and burned her finger

Could anyone suggest anything that will stop the pain. She has blisters on 3 of her fingers. I can tell that she doesn't need a doctor but it seems to hurt so bad. Is there any sort of pain reliever for this?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tammyh; 04-07-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    TammyH

2. Advertisement

hope123
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    When my DS burned his wrist on the oven door, the Dr recommended running cool tap water over the burn as soon as possible to help take away some of the heat. Tylenol/Motrin to help with the pain.

We ended up taking DS to the Dr as his burn ended up forming a pretty big blister that popped (it ended up being diagnosed as a 2nd degree burn). The Dr ended prescribing some stuff called silver sulfadine or something like that. He called it one step above neosporin. It would help heal the burn and provide some numbing relief. You could try calling the pharmacy to see if there is a non-prescription equivalent.

morynn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lots of cool tap water, Motrin and Neosporin CREAM...not the ointment, as that holds the heat and continues to cook the burn. I used to get burns from a big oven when I worked in a fast food restaurant. They always got infected. Pharmacist recommended the Neosporin cream and overnight the infection was gone. Apparently the ointment that I was using when it first happened was what caused the infection for me.
    Kim
    Kenzie (9) & Tanner (4)

Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly!
    Author Unknown

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

I'm on my way...-20 lbs...57 to go! 1 pound at a time!

AmandaG
    loves essential oils.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    Lavendar oil (get a reputable brand)

I burned myself on a hot pan a few months ago and lavendar oil instantly stopped the pain.
    Amanda,
    blessed homeschooling mom to three beautiful princesses and and one handsome little prince!
    8/95 6/99 4/03 11/09

m/c 02/08

Emmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You need to go out and buy second skin moisture pads. DS just had a burn last week and this product is amazing! Even the doctor was surprised that I was able to keep the blister instact and the burn sterile for as long as I did. Now a week later and his second degree burn is just a scar.

After applying the moisture pads (cutting them down to a small size) and some gauze he had absolutely no pain at all.

tammyh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!!
    TammyH

MMC/KC
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tammy! So sorry to hear about this! How is she doing?????

hugs,
    Michelle/KC
    Michelle/KC

AmyA
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ouch! I hope she gets some relief!
    Amy

tammyh
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I just love this board. It's so supportive and helpful. We had a lamp on and turned it off. I don't know why but she reached for it and touched it. The burn isn't bad (2nd degree) but she must have cried for hours saying things like "Mommy, please make it stop hurting...please" before I

1. Gave her Motrin
    2. Ran it under cold water
    3. Bought 2nd skin

What a wonderful board. Now, I know to have 2nd skin in my medicine cabinet at all times. I used ice which I learned is not really suggested.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and your wonderful help!!
    TammyH

Emmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Isn't second skin wonderful? Joey's burn was only on one finger but it was pretty bad. He wore the second skin for a week. YOu have to change it at least once/day and sometimes it does dry out and you have to put water on first to get it off. But, by the second day he was begging for the 2nd skin stuff.

Hope it heals quickly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast