FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

View Poll Results: How much do you spend on your childs birthday party?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 50$

12 10.34%
  • 50-100

20 17.24%
  • 100-150

20 17.24%
  • 150-200

19 16.38%
  • MORE......

45 38.79%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Joyous
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

How much do you spend on your childs birthday party?

I'm just curious. No one has to put any specifics if they do not want to. Aubrey has his heart set on a party at the roller rink. He went to a party this spring (1st time on skates) and now that's what he wants. Tonight I called to inquire on the prices and was a bit shocked but decided to do it as we can without putting us in a bind. With Zoe's bday in Aug the weather is nice so we either go to a park or this year did a swim party at the house. Too cold for that at the end of Oct.

Also I would love some input. DS NEEDS a bike....honestly he doesnt want one but it's something he needs to learn to do. Zoe got a brand new one for her birthday but she WANTED one. I'm torn as I'm thinking of finding a second hand one (I have an ad on freecycle) and using his bday money for something he REALLY wants. Make sense? I just would feel bad if someone saw Zoe on a new bike and Aubrey on an old bike. Or I guess I could wait until spring and get him a new bike. I do not know...I think too much.

Oh and this is my first poll hope it works. I have to add this is for the birthday party not the gifts.
    Last edited by Joyous; 10-15-2005 at 09:49 PM.

2. Advertisement

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    $5 on invitation paper - we printed the cards
    $35 on Hello Kitty plates, tablecloth, napkins, etc
    $80 on gifts (this is a guess. She got 5 things from us)
    $50 on pizza
    $40 on craft activities
    $20 on goody bag stuff
    $15 cake mix, drinks, ice, candles
    $10 balloons

This was a cheap party for us because we had it at a playground and I skimped on the goody bags.

Lauriann in SD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its a good idea to put an ad on freecycle for the bike and use his bd money for something he asks for.
    Katrina's bd was this past week. I have been having a party at a motel, I usually get motel certificates on a radio show program smart shopper-- this time it was for $35, the pizzas, 2 were from Godfathers, (again, smart shopper certificates totaling $22.) and one pizza from sam's for $9, soda, punch, chips, plates, etc.. I think was about $20. I made her cake and that was like $5 cuz of the decorations for it. Katrina loves to go swimming so that is her special treat for her birthday. Plus I get to sit in the hot tub after running all day! lol Next year I might try to make sure dh has the garage clean and we can do it here. We'll see....
    Lauriann Married 12 yrs (10-93) to DH *R*
    mom to beautiful K 10-01
    website
    click here to enjoy some fun!
    "Live each day as if it is your last."

Sky&Dal+Ry
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would estimate $100 or so averaging if it's a home/park party. I would average $100-$150 for parties held at an activity center. Dallas' party was 2 wks ago at Blu Rabbit's Paradise. The cost for the party itself was $90. Adding to that the $18 for the 1/4 sheet cake, $10 balloons, $ 20 in prince/princess crowns (castle themed party and I gave crowns instead of goody bags) and $25 for gift.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Sky & Dal + Ry
    b/d 7/21/98 ~ 5 yrs ~ 3 yrs
    ^i^ 1999 ~ ^i^ 2000

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kooka
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    We just had Jamie's today and to be honest...I do not really want to add it up LOL
    FET #6 = C ~ 8
    FET #7 = J ~ 6

*~* DREAM *~*~ BELIEVE *~* ACHIEVE *~* !!!

Mrs M
    married
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My childrens bdays are in Feb and March and the weather is just too nasty to have 15+ kids over - so we always go out somewhere and the cost usually runs around the $150.00 mark then with goody bags etc it usually comes out to around $200.00
    Sue
    DS 18 DD 12

Somewhere in your make-up there lies sleeping, the seed of achievement which, if aroused and put into action, would carry you to heights, such as you may never have hoped to attain...

Sarah
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have done a roller rink party here before. They charge $50 for 8 children and $2 each additional child. I usually spend about $60 on gifts per child. Instead of party favors (they are gettin kind of old for the goody bags) I gave each child $2 in quarters to spend in the arcade at the rink.

So...
    party.....................58
    extra for each child..24
    gifts for twins........120
    theme cake............25

total (approx).......227 (for two children)

For my youngest ds who has a summer birthday we had a swimming party, themed cake, and gift bags. Total cost including his gifts was approx. $100.
    Sarah

TG1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I voted $150-$200, but did not include the price of his gifts from us. This year we may be spending more as it is his big 5th bday and his first year of inviting friends from school ..so more kids. I know we could have probably done it in a less expensive way in the past, but because Kelly's bday is 2 days after Christmas and we travel for the holidays, I am all about doing the EASIEST(ie..Chuck E. Cheese, Build a Bear..etc.)thing for his bday. So that in mind, this year we are thinking of going to this play place where they do EVERYTHING because we could have about 25 -30 kids (if everyone were to respond). After this year we will probably go back to smaller parties until the next big age...hmmm, I guess that would be 10.

I think doing the freecycle thing is a good idea. If the bike doesn't look great you could always spruce it up with a little paint and some new accessories.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    Last edited by TG1; 10-16-2005 at 07:40 AM.
    Theresa
    Mommy to:
    Kelly 12/27/2000 & Twin angel

Erica J.
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I voted for between $100. and $150. but after reading kerri's list, I see I was way off and would have to change my vote to over $400. YIKES! Now I wish I hadn't added it all up.

Invites/stamps~ 15.
    cake/ice cream~ 35.
    presents~ 140.(Topher this yr.)
    food for party~ 130.
    decorations~ 75.(including balloons,tableware,streamers,banners and construction themed EVERYTHING!)
    party bags~ 25.
    Last edited by Erica J.; 10-16-2005 at 07:52 AM.
    Erica J.

Jann
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If parents are going to give up part of their weekend for me, leave their other kids at home and get DS a present, I feel that I need to be a good hostess and provide a nice activity for their child and provide some food for parents and kids.

So we have the party out of the house (My Gym or a play center) which costs$150 to $200. Since DS' friends have similar parties, we are also reciprocating.

I wouldn't feel comfortable asking friends to come and sit at my house and eat cake. I love going out and doing things. I don't like going to people's houses and just hanging around. It just gets too hectic with a bunch fo 3 year olds. Jann

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast