FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

mytwobabies
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did 7 loads of laundry, washed, dried and folded in two hours yesterday.

Our dryer that is only about 6 months old keeps blowing 30 amp fuses. It's got it's own breaker box that my dad installed about 5 years ago. Each time I put a load in, it goes for about 25 minutes, then keeps going, only without heat. It would go all night, without heat if we didn't shut it off. When we check the breaker, it's blown. Dh hasn't exactly figured out what is going on there. Yesterday I loaded up 7 loads of laundry and took them to the laundry mat and got them all washed, dried and folded and back home in two hours. That is the only thing I liked about going there.

Anyone else ever have this problem with their dryer (the heating element portion) blowing fuses?
    Me (37) dh (41) 10/01/94

Brianna 11/08/01

Noah 12/15/02

2. Advertisement

Amy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Is it possible you're overfilling the dryer? That's all I can think of - that might lead to overheating and fuse blowing. Be careful until you figure it out. That sounds a little scary to me..possible fire hazzard if the fuse didn't work properly or something.

mytwobabies
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy
    Is it possible you're overfilling the dryer? That's all I can think of - that might lead to overheating and fuse blowing. Be careful until you figure it out. That sounds a little scary to me..possible fire hazzard if the fuse didn't work properly or something.
    That was my first thought. I don't overfill, BUT dh did a load yesterday, and I'm sure he overloaded it. I know what you mean about being careful. That's why I went to the laundromat yesterday, scared me to death. Thanks for the response.
    Me (37) dh (41) 10/01/94

Brianna 11/08/01

Noah 12/15/02

MissCookie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm I had this problem in an old rental house with a dryer set that was practically antique. I think we ended up just buying lots of fuses. Sorry I don't have better advice