FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

E2 levels didn't rise??

Hi All, today is my CD 4. I did 2 days of stims so far ( 150 menopur). My E2 went up from 53 to 56.
    Is this bad? Does this mean I'm a poor responder? My doc doesn't want to change the dosage, i'm coming back from blood and sono the day after tomorrow...

2. Advertisement

DramaMama
    is praying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I had one cycle where my E2 levels didn't rise right away. (I was taking Gonal-F) My RE wasn't overly concerned about it. I wouldn't worry yet. Wait and see what happens in the coming days.

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Drama Mama i'm really hoping my doc has a good reason for not giving me more meds! Maybe the stim phase will be a bit longer and that's all...

Francesca13
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi OrangeMood!

I'm a newbie.

Just wanted to say that I understand your frustration. I had a few cycles where my E2 would level out, or drop to practically nothing, despite being put on higher and higher levels of Menopur. My RE switched me to Gonal F and Menopur together, and that did the trick for me.

That being said, my RE would never raise my dose until they gave it a fair shot. Usually this would be cycle day 9 or so, so I think you're doing fine! I bet if nothing increases in a few days, they'll look at your protocol again and make some changes.

Best wishes!

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for responses. Today is Day 6, after 4 days of stims i have 233 E2, i have 9 follicles, 3 greater than 10, 6 less then 10. I'm starting Antagon tonight. Is it normal for E2 to almost quadruple in 2 days? I'm going back tomorrow again for blood... They said E2 is supposed to double, NOT quadruple every two days...

Francesca13
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you're responding great to the meds now. The trick will be not overresponding.

My RE never gave me a statistic on doubling or quadrupling...they just like to see it increase. I will warn you that I had a situation similar to yours....3 follies at 10mm and a lot of little ones with an E2 of 300. I went back two days later and my E2 was almost 800 and I had 12 follicles over 14mm. We had to cancel that cycle due to the possibility of multiples. That was my own personal experience...I'm sure everyone is different. Hope this cycle does the trick for you!!

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Francesca!
    I'm doing IVF, so 15 eggs sounds good to me Were you doing IUI?

Francesca13
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you sound in great shape for IVF! Are your ovaries hurting yet? I remember waddling around like a penguin that month because of all those eggies!

We did timed intercourse and injectibles. While it was very frustrating having that cycle cancelled, I only made one follicle the following cycle (on a lower dose) and we are currently 17 weeks with our first child. Super excited, super petrified!

Best wishes on your IVF! They considered switching that cycle to IVF, but it wasn't covered my insurance and it was only our third cycle, so they recommended canceling with future consideration for IVF. These protocols seem very hard to get correct since everyone responds differently to the medication!

Anyway, good luck and keep me posted!!

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh cool, congrats on your pg! That just shows that really you never know... I heard so many girls getting pg naturally after many IVFs.

I'de probably continue IUIs but with one tube it would have taken a while...
    Today i'm at 319, 10 follies of different sizes. My LH is supressed so looks like my RE wants the smaller follies to grow - they said another 4 days of shots.
    Nothing hurts as of yet but i'm sure it will...

DramaMama
    is praying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I am so glad to hear that things are progressing nicely! Please keep us posted. I am rooting for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast