FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bholland001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Clomid and Ovidrel???

Anyone used both in a cycle...how did ya use it??

Big possibility this cycle

2. Advertisement

Liet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that a standard combination? I'm using this, and I got the sense from my RE that this was a pretty routine thing.

Anyway, I take clomid on cycle days 5-9. On cycle day 14, I go in for an ultrasound. If my follicles are big enough, I take the ovidrel that night. (I have my MIL or next door neighbor give me the shot--they are both nurses). If they are not big enough, I am asked to wait for a day or so and then get the ovidrel shot.

seth1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my first IUI cycle. Did clomid 100mg days 1-5, had ultrasound on day 11, one good size follie detected at 18, day 12 had HCg shot, day 13 had IUI. Now we wait. I'm on day 8 of the 2ww.

bholland001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..update myself on this..

Spoke to RE today, he will not start me this cycle on injectibles. He wants to wait for the next cycle..and since I've taken Clomid so much in the past..he's wanting to skip on it and go to Follistim and Ovidrel..so..I guess I'm excited. Altho I admit I started crying today when he said he wouldn't start me this cycle on it.

I've waited 3 years..what's another month?

seth1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    so sorry bholland. i can understand why you were disappointed. sometimes a month seems so long, but keep yourself busy and use these forums for support and it will be time for your iui before you know it. good luck.

Mariska
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm also sorry to hear that you have to skip. I had to skip 3 months now.

Your other question about clomid & ovidrel - Clomid is to make eggs and ovidrel is to make you ovulate. You grow eggs to they get about 18mm or larger, the eggs is in a sack, then you get an injection to make the sack burst open so that the egg gets out. If this sack doesn't burst open to release the egg, they call it a cyst. That is why they will always give you two types of meds. One to grow follies & one to ovulate. You ovulate 36 hours after you had your injection (ovidrel). I hope it works for you all.

Lydiance
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had irregular period for few years and went to gyn for that. They did Ultrasound Scan and told that i had PCOS and my Teststerone was high with 2.69. My gyn gave Diane 35 for 8 months for regular periods and Thyrox 50 as i had TSH high. For the eight months i got my period regular on an average of 30 day cycle. After eight months i went to see doctor, blood was examined on the 2nd day and found testerone was 0.69 and TSH was also reduced. Gyn gave me clomid from D3-D7 And Thyrox25mg. I have to get my period on November 15,2008 but i didnt. I was happy i would be pregnant but after 10 days late i got my period. Went to doctor again, she gave me Clomid and Letrozole from D3-D7 and asked to do follicular study from Day 11.
    I did Follicular study on Day 11 i had 4 follicle 3 on left and 1 on right the sizes are 11*9mm,9*8mm,10*7mm in the left and 10*8mm in the right and the E.R. 7mm. On the 13th day i had 11*10mm,10*10mm,10*7mm in the left and 10*9 mm in the right and the E.R. is 8mm. Now i am in 14th day.... what does it mean? Will this is normal? Can i become pregnant or need some treatment? Kindly explain me?

Mariska
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lydiance - you need treatment. If I am you (not clomid treatment). Try to get your RE to put you on injectables, if you can. Your egg has to be more than 18mm & you Lining more than 8mm. If any of this is less, you would most likely nog get pregnant. The clomid made my lining thin & my eggs small. That is why I say "no clomid". Hope it works out for you.... Keep us posted

Lydiance
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mariska - What about Clome 50 and Letrozole... The second time i had both. But my doctor is telling everything is normal you will definitely conceive but this is not the time you are only in the 13th day. Why she told like that?

Mariska
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lydiance - I really don't know why she said that. Clomid works for some people but most people says that it thins their lining. Your lining seems fine but your eggs are small. Maby you should get a second opinion or ask your Doctor to try injections for the third cycle...Good luck to you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast