FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hynmama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

what can I do to help implantation?

I have been through my 3rd IVF cycle and got a BFN yesterday. My RE says it is just unexplained. What can I do to from my side to help implantation? Any tips of what works what doesn't?

2. Advertisement

g4ranny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello
    First off I am so sorry that you are going through this. These are some things to think about.

Have you looked into acupuncture? Visit www.herbalroom.com this website is full of useful information about the benefits of acupuncture. According to studies using acupuncture increase your rate of success by more than double. This is something that I was leery about but my RE suggested it. I only had one egg that was in the 90% field and the rest were in the lower B field. I truly attribute acupuncture to the success of the embryo implanting.

How about changing RE? Sometimes just using a different protocol is good.

Did you stay on complete bedrest for 2 to 3 days after transfer?

Hang in there - I know that it is so very very hard and it seems like nothing is going the way you planned. These boards are here for you and and so am I.

suzik
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    just wanted to throw in my two cents.....

I have heard that accupuncture is good as the pp suggested. I have also heard that it is best if done 3 months prior to ivf to get the body prepared. I've been going before & during my 4 iui cycles. I finally had to take a rest before going onto ivf. While on my rest, I've been seeing an herbalogist/therapist. She has me taking some herbs to strengthen my cycle (esp since I've only had 25 day cycles - she thinks that my lp is too short & could be preventing implantation). I'm not sure, but I'm willing to give it a shot while not doing western meds.

Good luck to you - my heart goes out to you.....4 iui cycles were bad enough, I know how you must feel after going through 3 ivfs.

hynmama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will try the acupuncture. Thank you both.

Are there types of food I should be eating to help implantation?

texasgs2005
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some "myths" in the surro-world about french fries (after transfer) and pinapples (before & after). It's said that the embies are attracted to the enzyme in the pinapples. Not sure how accurate it is,but I did it with my first transfer and it took first try. And besides, those are both ok things to consume
    LATASHIA
    GS Journey #3 FET 07-07-07!! GS journey #2 / GS journey #1 Miss Jazlynn
    MY WEBSITE
    I'm Having Their Baby: A Guide for the Gestational Surrogate
    She's Having Our Baby: A Guide to Becoming Parents via Surrogacy (the books)

"You don't have to die to become an angel"

michellelynn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought i had implantation this time with my iui because i have had spotting since 3 days after the iui,i dont know though,never had it happen befor with the other two iuis.

ThinkPink
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also did accupuncture and implantation did take place.

Also, I was very drunk the weekend of implantation, I am not a drinker and never ever drink and it was a conicidence that it timed with the implantation time, but I have to wonder if that contributed. The fact that I was really relaxed in body and mind

em4444
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you guys heard that caffeine could be bad for implantation? I am wondering if that is my problem and I should give it up, but then I think it isn't fair to change something I enjoy for something that is never happening

Weenie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow is my transfer

Quote Originally Posted by texasgs2005 View Post
    There are some "myths" in the surro-world about french fries (after transfer) and pinapples (before & after). It's said that the embies are attracted to the enzyme in the pinapples. Not sure how accurate it is,but I did it with my first transfer and it took first try. And besides, those are both ok things to consume
    I'm so nervous my first one didn't take in march so I wanna kno if there is anything I can do this time and I'm only 26

Story
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    do not take antihistamines (benedryll), try to keep your stress levels down. These are science based very real and current findings. I had a failed FET last month that we believe did not implant (perfect day 6 fully hatched blasts !!) because of these two issues. I am in the 2ww and the signs are GOOD this time around......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast