FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Kristina921
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

OTC cure for LPD? m/c mentioned.

To make a long story short....I went to my RE for RPL testing and he bascially told me that he couldn't help me until I lost 30 lbs. They took 13 vials of blood and they found nothing wrong with me or DH. I seem to have a LPD. I appear to keep having m/c because of low progesterone. I've have 4 early losses.

I bascially have decided that once again I am on my own unless I go back to my regular gyn because this RE that I went to is the most recommended in my area and I really don't want to start over.

My question is this....I've been researching LPD and looking at ways I can correct it. I've been using NPC and taking 100mg of B6. I have a clomid prescription left and I will be taking that next cycle. Has anyone had success with OTC remedies instead of pregesterone supplements if you had low progesterone?

I know I am taking my chances with another m/c but I keep hoping one will stick.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kristina921; 04-21-2006 at 08:14 AM. Reason: bad spelling!
    Me - 28 , DH - 30
    ttc # 1 ,
    4 Angels in Heaven

confirmed PCOS 07/04
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/13980e

2. Advertisement

Paeta
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

The Infertility Cure

Have you read the book "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis? She talks about alternative ways (traditional chinese medicine) to correct a LPD. I just got the book b/c I have been seeing a naturopathic doctor and want more insight on it all just to aid in my journey.

I just checked the book and it has a whole chapter on LPD. The chapter is entitled "Luteal Phase Defect: Strengthening the Kidneys and Spleen"

Good luck.
    Last edited by Paeta; 04-21-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: adding info