FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

slava
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy

FET after IVF miscarriage

Hello all,

I had my perfect IVF cycle this October. It went flawlessly and we transferred 2 d3 embies. I felt pregnant right away and had my beta that rose well. I had all the symptoms and was excited for the 1 u/s. Well, the OB was worried the minute she started to do a u/s. The pregnancy looked smaller that it should have been. I was sent for another u/s and sure enough, my 7w5d pregnancy was only measuring at 6w1d with a heartbeat of 101. Two weeks later, yesterday, the u/s confirmed no heartbeat was gone and the fetal pole was no longer visible. So, they scheduled a d/c for me for this upcoming Wednesday, December 7th.

My question: We have some embies frozen. Should I worry that all of them are not OK since this one did not develop? Has anyone done a FET after a m/c and had success?

Thank you all in advance and good luck!
    February FET

2. Advertisement

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    Success mentioned

I would try not to worry. From the same batch of embryos, including 10 frozen, I've had an early m/c (earlier than yours) and 5 children, 2 sets of twins. (the singleton was from our fresh cycle, everything else has been frozen.) We are in our 2ww from our latest FET of 2 day 3 embryos which appears to be a BFN. So, we have had all outcomes from the same "batch" of 12 embryos and we still have 2 left.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Good luck with your future cycles.

TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    After many mcs, I had my embies tested and found out that my "best" ones (grade-wise which would have been transfered fresh) were abnormal (would have resulted in BFN or mc). Come to find out that my "worst" ones (which would have been transfered FET) were the normal ones!!!! So from my experience (and others who've had genetic testing), unfortunately only trial and error will show which are truly "ok". (other factors aside)

Your golden embie(s) may await you yet!!! Hang in there.

slava
    hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Thank you, girls, for responding. This is my m/c. I am having a really hard time right now... it is so difficult. I still have very strong pregnancy symptoms which make things even worse. is there a place for girls who are going through m/c for support?

Stargazerlily1
    spelling challenged
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool
    I'm sorry you are struggling, but it is totally understandable. Allow yourself to grieve. I definitely understand the symptoms still being there making it really hard. It is such a strong reminder and feels like pour salt in your wound. I'm so sorry for your loss. Here is the forum where you can find support specifically for this. Pregnancy Loss & Miscarriage Forum - Pregnancy Loss & Miscarriage Discussions - FertileThoughts.com

jeeo
    FET

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cold
    hi slava
    i was pg in sep 2011 throught icsi, after 2 months my fetus stop beating and growth.
    well now we wating for FET in march 2012, we have 3 embi with blast stage,
    i also feel like u but i ask this Q to my RE and she conformed me that my thinking is wrong,, so dont worry dear
    me 30 OK, DH 30 cemo at age of 12year
    very very Low sperm count,
    ICSI worked....bfp M/C
    FET....bfn
    no sperm found in SE
    re-test sample
    on madicens
    onl one sample are freezed from last ICSI..
    new cycle will start from aguest 2013
    GOD watching us with LOVE