FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

ryeco
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone had a failed fresh IVF cycle, and were successful on ONE FET transfer after?

Hi ladize, I just had a failed fresh IVF cycle (just found out neg beta today), my first ever IVF cycle. I have one 3bbb frozen (5th day blast) and trying to decide whether to do a FET or go for another fresh? I'm wondering if anyone has transfered one FET after a failed fresh and got pregnant?

2 failed IUIs 6/09
    1 failed IVF 2/10

2. Advertisement

TheGoodLife
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    I would definitely try the FET first. That's a pretty high quality blast you have there. The FET is so much easier on your system (and cheaper than a full fresh cycle). I know my clinic does single-blast FET's ALL THE TIME and they do have some luck with it. I don't know the stats. But if I were you, I would ABSOLUTELY go for the FET first, and then if that didn't work, decide whether or not to do another fresh. You really don't have much to lose...

I am sorry your IVF cycle was a BFN. I, too, just recently found out my 2nd IVF was a bust. I am moving forward with an FET in April (I have 2 blasts). But if I only had one, I would ABSOLUTELY still do it.

Me: 36 DH: 41
    TTC ~ 10 years
    dx: Male Factor
    TTC # 1:
    3 x IUI: 2004-05: BFN
    IVF w/ICSI # 1: Apr 2006
    TTC # 2:
    IVF w/ICSI # 2: Jan 2010- BFN
    FET # 1: Jul 2010 - chemical pregnancy
    IVF w/ICSI # 3: Apr 2011 - BFN
    FET # 2: Jul 2011 - BFN
    New RE:
    IVF w/ ICSI # 4: Jan 2012 - BFN - WTF?!? -
    IVF w/ ICSI # 5: Apr 2012 - chemical pregnancy
    FET # 3: ?

rsharp23
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

alcohol and egg quality

Hey Guys! I just had a failed fresh 5 day transfer. I ALSO just found out my donor drank HEAVILY on the first couple days of her stim and probably moderately after that...My research shows that moderate drinking can effect egg quality...thoughts?

sun8
    is busy!!!
    BC Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    My fresh IVF was a chemical, but now have two kiddos as a result from FETs from the same batch.

tinatinva
    just is..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Reyco -

I have done 2 fresh cycles...neither worked.

After the first failed fresh cycle - I did an FET that was a bust..
    The next FET was successful.

After the second failed cycle - I did two FET's -Both successful.

FET's are so much easier on you physically. Emotionally, I found no difference.

Hugs to you - a failed cycle hurts tremendously, so make sure you take a little bit to heal. (hug)

ryeco
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    BC, thanks for the encouraging story! What quality of frozen embies did you have, how many did you transfer?

Sun: what's the FET cycles like? Quality and number? I noticed that you're in NorCal, which clinic did you use? I'm traveling to CCRM (colorado) from the bay area for their high success rate. But I guess even if it's 90% success rate, one can still fall into the 10% failures ; (

Goodlife: good luck on your FET cycle! Keep us posted. I have a regroup with my doc on Monday, if he supports it, I'll go for the FET cycle with the 3bb.

rsharp: drinking is definitely not good. My doctor told me and my husband to stop drinking 1 month before the cycle. Here's an article about drinking and ivf: BBC NEWS | Health | IVF couples warned over drinking

mmusi100
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too had 2 fresh ivfs both ended in BFN. Each time we transfered 2 great blastos. I had 1 FET ended in MC. I have 3 blastos for April. I really pray forb all of us going through this that they will take!

I aslo consider changing RE if FET doesnt work!

Me 25: FSH:9.5
    DH 38: Low Count/Morphology/Motility