FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jojo329
    is blessed

Post Thanks / Like

Cost of FET??? (child ment)

Hi everyone! I figured this was the place to ask. I know all about IVF costs, options, and figures. I'm not very educated on FET, though. We just had DD (born on DS's 5th bday) conceived thru IVF. There are 4 frozen embryos. We're working on a plan for me to be a SAHM starting in August. Before we do that, we want to make sure we have enough saved up to do the FET in a few years. Can anybody give me an idea of the costs for FET?
    Thanks so much!

2. Advertisement

averymom07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE charges $2,875 per FET. If they have to do assisted hatching for some reason I think it is another $1,000 but I'm not sure. The $2,875 includes the necessary ultrasounds, blood work for estradiol and progesterone, thawing and then transfer. I had to get an extra blood test this time b/c my lining was behind but for some reason insurance covered it as a non fertility test. Those doctors are amazing with insurance codes as I don't have fertility coverage. Before I started my cycle they did a saline HSG where they checked for adhesions and such in my uterus. This was done in office and cost around $400 but was covered by insurance. I also had to get a blood work up (same one from the fresh cycle) that cost around $400 but insurance covered it as preventative.

It is really so much cheaper to go the FET route. Good luck to you!

tofupiggie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My FET was $3300 - that included ultrasound monitoring/embryo thaw & assisted hatching/transfer/beta hCG blood test. My insurance didn't cover the medication I was on (estradiol, pio, prometrium capsules) - that was less than $200. Good luck!

shannij
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    $3400 takes me thru the beta, if positive my insurance kicks in. Also, not sure what type of insurance coverage you have mine does NOT cover IVF but did cover meds for FET.

MGUERRERO81
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

fet costs

My FET cost $2995.00 which my insurance does not cover. My meds were estridol, vivelle patches, and POI injections. My insurance did pick up the estrace so that was just my copay($4.00@ sams) . My patches were somewhat covered but I needed more then the alloted so that was a bit exspensive(My co pay was 40 per box which is only 8) . My POI my insurance did not cover and it was $40 per bottle(ethol olyiate) which went really fast because I was taking two shots a day. Over all I would plan to spend around $4k total with meds and fees if you get pregnant. Good luck!!!

diana0319
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had another failed IVF cycle and finally may resort to using the 1 frozen embryo that I have. However, I just found out that the cost through my dr for FET is $5600. That seems ridiculously high to me. I have all of the meds to I don't even need anything else. Should I look somewhere else that might be cheaper? Is that weird?

averymom07
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diana0319
    I just had another failed IVF cycle and finally may resort to using the 1 frozen embryo that I have. However, I just found out that the cost through my dr for FET is $5600. That seems ridiculously high to me. I have all of the meds to I don't even need anything else. Should I look somewhere else that might be cheaper? Is that weird?
    I would ask for a breakdown of the cost. Some of these ladies posted that assited hatching and beta levels/ultrasounds were included in the price. My price of $2850 DID NOT include assisted hatching (think it was another $500-$1000) or beta levels or sonograms. So defiantly find out what is included in the price but YES that does sound very expensive. If you decide to look elsewhere you should also check into the expensive of transferring the embryos to another clinic. I have no idea how much it costs but I bet that don't make it cheap. Also, the dosages and specific meds I used for my recent FET vs. my fresh IVF 2 yrs ago were different. I'm actually on a lot more meds after a FET than the IVF. There is less preparation but not necessarily less meds in the long run. Good luck with your FET!

deanne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    FET prices vary greatly from place to place. I live in NM. The local clinic charged $4000 plus for a FET. The clinic in CA that I used charged $1550. The price just depends on your clinic.

Deanne

candice1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is super expensive!! It was 700 to freeze them, 250 for my meds and 5400 for all else. I did not ask for a break down, but I am. This is SUPER costly.

sthang6
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only paid for the actual freezing which was $1155. I didn't have any additional costs to pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast