FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

jessie_vp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

E2 Levels during FET

Hi Everyone,

I just had my day 14 checkup for my FET this AM and apparently my E2 is only in the 200s. My lining is 6.5 (which they said was fine). I have been taking Estrace for 12 days so far, starting with 2mg/day and now am up to 6 mg. My RE wants to put me on the estrogen patch and re-do my b/w and u/s tomorrow. I am scared that I am going to get canceled. I don't really understand why my lining is going well but my E2 is so low! During my original fresh IVF I was on the lowest dose of stims and I responded very well (28 eggs). I am shocked that I am not responding to the meds well this time.

What are the standard "good" levels for E2 throughout this process? Any help would be great.

Thanks!
    jessie

2. Advertisement

pugified
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Hi there -

I had the exact same situation during this last cycle. I was on patches for 15 days and my E2 was still below where it should have been. They had me do estrace vaginally for 2 days and when I went back in for b/w after that, everything was fine and the numbers were where they needed to be. So don't worry too much - they told me this is actually very common. Hopefully the patches will do the trick for you!
    Me 31, DH 33; Dx: Male Factor
    IVF #1 - BFP!
    DD #1 ~ Ava ~ Born August 22, 2005
    FET #1 - BFP!
    DD #2 ~ Lyla ~ Born April 14, 2008

jessie_vp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pugified! Normally I wouldn't worry because I would figure they would just keep dosing me up until my levels are where they need to be, but evidently my clinic is closing it's lab for 2 weeks in august, so if I don't make it soon I am going to be canceled! Yikes! Are the suppositories supposed to be the strongest? I can ask my RE about them in the morning. Thank you!

pugified
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Have you been on the estrace via mouth or vaginally? The patches are what I was on and then added the estrace vaginally (just the little tiny blue pills in the vagina, not suppositories) for the 2 days - so it sounds like we are on opposite protocols as far as estrogen goes, but I think if you just continue with the estrace and then add the patches for a couple days, you will be all set. Keep us posted!
    Me 31, DH 33; Dx: Male Factor
    IVF #1 - BFP!
    DD #1 ~ Ava ~ Born August 22, 2005
    FET #1 - BFP!
    DD #2 ~ Lyla ~ Born April 14, 2008

Emily'sMom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem. My lining was nice & triple stripe but my e2 levels were decreasing despite being on 12mg/day. The only thing that did it for me was after they switched 2 of the 6 pills I was taking orally and used them vaginally. In just 2 days my e2 went from 142 to over 700! AND my lining which was already fine went up by 3mm I'd see if they'd let you do a couple vaginally. Can't hurt, might help. Good luck!
    Ellen
    Mommy to a sweet miracle - Emily- 3/02
    1st DEIVF - TWINS!!!!
    - Alexander David and - Katelyn Rose
    Arrived at 35w on 2/6/06
    Likes BC-Chimera1974 liked this post

jessie_vp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it seems like the vaginal way really works! Thanks to both of you for this advice. My lining went up to 8 today, which my RE was happy with. I am still waiting for the lab results however...fingers crossed! When I get my results, if it is still low, I will certainly ask about the pills inserted in the alternative route