FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

massagetoad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

progesterone and estrogen levels during and after FET??

I was just wondering how many RE's follow up with progesterone and estrogen levels after transfer? Also wondering for those who know levels what was the result? I know everyone reacts different, but just seeing what it means.

My levels were good according to my clinic during the pre-transfer phase. Day of transfer my progesterone level was 15 and the clinic likes to be above 20. Today- 7dpFET they did a b/w set for estrogen and progesterone and levels were E2-226 and P4-45, they wanted above 200 and 20 respectively. I'm on estradiol and PIO. So assuming that since 2cc-2x/day it accounts for some of the P4 rise.

Thanks!

2. Advertisement

momtok
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Massagetoad- My clinic doesn't check either, not before and not during the 2ww. With the beta they check the progesterone level. It freaks me out that they don't. I know my progesterone is ok because I get 2ccpio and supp three x daily, and that is the same as my last FET and it was 40 then. I am on estrace 2 mg twice daily. They said that if the lining responded there is not need to check the estrace level and the told be at transfer I could stop my patch. I guess the progesterone is the important one now. I just ned to believe that because I have doubt. How are you feeling? Tasha

massagetoad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    MomtoK- Feeling fine.No symptoms. Just the 2ww making me anxious, nervous. drinking lots of water. How are you feeling? When is your beta to end your 2ww anxiety?

momtok
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't until Wednesday the 26th 13dp5dt. It makes me nuts to see how early everyone else gets to find out! I am starting to go a little crazy. We have one beautiful little girl through IVF and you would think that I would focus on that, but all I worry about are the two chemicals and the one BFN in April. I think I feel ok. I think anxiety can mimic pregnancy symptoms. For a few days I had a crampy burning feeling in my lower abd/uterus. I check my bb every few hours...are they darker, are they tender, are they bigger. Today, I am not very crampy at all and that makes me nervous, but the one time it worked...I had no symptoms, just a slight low back ache at the end of the 2ww, so who knows! Good luck with the next few days. Tasha

massagetoad
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to you too. I think I would go crazy waiting also. I'm doing that and I have to wait til monday. I don't want to spoil it with POAS- bad luck or whatever....
    It's great it worked and you have a DD. I hope you don't go too crazy before 26th.

knittingmama22
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, my RE checks levels at 4 days past transfer and then with the subsequent beta(s).

My levels ranged from 23 to 28ish and they said that was great. The Prog around the uterus from the supps cannot be measured. I was taking 1cc PIO / day and the RE said that I was getting a lot of prog...

Hope that helps. Best wishes!
    Nancy

mms2001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was tested one time for my estrogen a week prior to transfer. It was low and they added estrodial pills 2x a day. They did not check after that. They said no biggy. My progesterone was not tested at all. I was on PIO 1x day and progesterone suppositories 2x a day (am/pm). my estrogen: I started with estrogen patches (vivelle dots-4 dots every other day) and they added the 2 pills every day. I stayed on the medication after I had my confirmed pregnancy and I am now weaning off meds.
    Micah

knittingmama22
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    mms2001 -
    Just curious, were you on lupron, too? I guess, the question is: did you ovulate for your FET cycle? I've heard of some people who don't take lupron. If you ovulate, I'm pretty sure that the empty egg follicle produces estrogen. I had to take the lupron.

Also, my RE switched me from Climara patches to the Vivelle dots for my November FET. Apparently, the Climara ones don't stick as well (so they said - I never had a sticking problem with them!)

Nancy

mms2001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a medicated cycle. My RE considers a medicated cycle as a cycle where they shut down my ovaries and let the meds do the work. So yes, I was on Lupron. I did BCP starting in June. Skipped the filler pills and went on to 2nd cycle of BCPs. a Week prior to finishing the BCPs I started my Lupron where I did Lupron for about 2-3 weeks. On August 10 is when I started the hormones-estrogen. 5 days prior to transfer I added the progesterone. The rest, I think I explained. I trust my RE fully and have not questioned anything. I think everyone's body responds differently and have different diagnosis. I looks like alot of different protocols will get that BFP. good Luck. Love to see positive betas
    Micah

knittingmama22
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Micah,

Yes, your protocol sounds like what I did - bcp followed by lupron/bcp for a week... etc. My last xfer was 9/1 (turned out blighted ovum), so here I am again!

I was just curious because you said your estrogen levels weren't high enough. I worry more about my progesterone levels and don't ask about estrogen even though I think they are checking them, too.

Have a great week!
    Nancy