FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mms2001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

My success with FET-1 blast transfer

I found this site right before my Beta. I think if I had found it 3 months ago, I would have been a crazy woman on this site. For the past three months I have been preparing and doing my FET. I surfed the internet for success stories for a 1 -6day blast-medicated. I found very little. Most stories consist of more then 1 frosty. This success stories is for those girls who have only one.

My frosty was the remaining blast from my successful IVF-ICSI #1 (result twins). I decided to use it in September but DH wanted to use it in August as if it worked he wanted the shots to be done before hunting season (some priorities. I told my RE nurse coordinator that I wanted to do it August and she told me to pick out the Monday that I would like to do it and they would work backward to give me my calendar. She wanted me to start BC pills ASAP that was in June. I chose August 28th. I got my protocol and started my Lupron at the end of July. FETs are so much easier then IVF cycles. I have been taking glucophage, Baby Asprin, vivelle dots, (added estrogen pills 2x day since estrogen was low), progesterone in oil shots, progesterone suppositories (RE wants her patients to do both progesterone b/c some women respond better to one but she can forsee which it will be so to be safe she has everyone do both), I think that is it.
    We had a 90% success rate for thaw (clinic success rate) and a 20% chance of pregnancy (also clinic success rate). Now my frosty was a 6 day blast. The RE will not tell me what grade as she feels that is too subjective and people tend to obsess about the grading. I never knew with the boys either. She did say it was about the same as the twins (they were 5 day blasts). I started getting a BFP on the POAS around 5 day post 6 day transfer (a saturday). My on Tuesday was 118. 2 days later it was 257. Yesterday it was 1487. I go in in 2 weeks for an u/s, I will be 7 weeks.

It worked. 1 little frosty on a medicated cycle worked. I did have a massage, facial, and pedi/mani before the transfer. I also planned the transfer around my Lunar Fertility. They say that animals tend to get pregnant around the lunar calendar. Everyone has their "tricks" pineapple juice, socks on feet, water blah blah blah. I decided to do Lunar fertility this time. Maybe that helped. It did not hender any way.

Good Luck to all. Keep the faith. it will happen to you.
    Micah

2. Advertisement

megan28
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! This gives me so much hope. My first IVF was done in August resulting in a BFN. I am scheduled for a FET on November 10. We have four 6 day blasts frozen. Thank you so much of the giving me some hope!! Again Congrats!!!!!

Me28 Dh28
    TTC for 2.5 years Diagnosis is Unexplained.
    3 IUI all BFN
    1#IVF 8/06 BFN
    Planning for FET 11/10/06

11/20 beta 330 - 11/22 beta 860- first u/s 11/29 one little bean!! Due 7/30/07

Melmommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Megan

I had my first failed cycle in July, they retrieved only 5 eggs, 4 were fertilized, 2 were transfered and only one made it to blast stage to freeze. Like I said, the cycle failed so we were left with just the one frozie. We went straight into a natural cycle FET. No shots, no nothing, just me and my cycle. They did the transfer 5 days past ovulation (5 day blast) and, well, I'm 5 weeks pregnant!
    There is hope!
    Best wishes to you!

qrychefan
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    melmommy and mms2001 - CONGRATS to both of you! I just started my BCP's so I'm tentatively scheduled for 10/20 or 10/23. I have 1 frozen emby that I transfered to my new RE's office today (had a little quality time pre-transfer ).

Thank you both for sharing your 1 emby success stories. I hope to be joining you ladies soon!!!!

Good luck with your cycle, megan28!

-qrychefan
    TTC 3.5+ yrs

2005: 2 IUI cycles - BFN ; 1 cancelled IUI
    2006: 1st attempt IVF Feb 2006 - BFN ; 2nd attempt IVF May 2006 - BFN ; Final attempt FET Oct 2006 - BFN
    2007+: Going "au naturale". Maybe we'll get fortunate...

Evan's Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Micah! That is a great story! Can you tell me what you mean by most women get pg around the lunar calendar? I always get AF on the full moon, would that mean I'd be most fertile around the new moon? I always found it interesting that I would know when AF was coming more by looking out the window than by looking at the calendar
    Me 36 DH 35
    DS - Oct '04
    DS DD - Aug '08

daniboo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your success stories are so encouraging! Especially for the 1 embie. It really gives the rest of us hope that our tx's will work as welll.

Hope the next few months find you healthy and happy!

mms2001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    evan's mom- I don't really understand the lunar fertility thing. From what I understand, it is based on where the moon was when you were born. Women are "supposedly" more fertile during the time when your are in your Lunar fertile months and it depends on positioning of the moon and your birth. Some women might only be fertile about every 18 months while others are fertile every 6 months so on so on. It might not necessarily be the full moon, mine is on the quarter moon. You can google it, it seems technical and hard to explain. it might be bunk but like I said everyone does their tricks and I decided to try this route-I can't change my diet to eat pineapples all the time.

It sound stupid but whatever. good luck with your cycle. I hope you will soon be in the expecting side. It will happen don't give up.
    Micah

Carebear
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    MIcah

Much congratulations on your pregnancy!!

We have 2 totsicles and are planning a FET this October so starting medications right now. We are also doing it in KC and just wanted to ask who your RE was. Our RE also does not believe in gradiing only staging. Makes me think we may go to the same clinic!
    Caren
    Married 17 years to my "oyster"
    IVF #1 successful after 10 years of ttc.
    Proud Mommy to
    Cerah Elizabeth, my May Day baby, 5/1/02! 4 years old!!

Doreen
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations and a big thank you for posting your story!

Success stories with only 1 embie are very welcome here!! I hope you have a very happy un-eventful pregnancy!

juls30
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to throw in my story too. I also had FET success with my 1st attempt. It was with 1 embryo as well. I only had one after all the other ones didn't make it to freeze. Unfortunetly, I had a m/c at 8wks due to a chromosomal abnormality, but IT CAN HAPPEN!!!

Best of luck to you all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast