FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

samanthaptkdsam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Success with Frozen Blastocyst transfer?

Anyone had any luck with frozen blastocyst transfer? I have a 12 month old from my 1st IVF and recently had 2 failed fresh IVF's transferring Day 3 embryos. My clinic was able to freeze 4 Blastocysts, but has only done 15 transfers of two thawed Blastocysts each. They have had a 50% success rate, but are giving me a 30% chance as I am almost 38.

2. Advertisement

Emily'sMom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I don't have any information for you .. but I'm going to follow this thread. I have 2 frozen blasts (from an Egg donor cycle) that I hope to transfer next summer and would like to get a better handle of the odds.

Good luck to you!!!

NJHeidi.
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 10 frozen blasts from my previous cycle (ds is now 2 y/o). I will be transferring 3 of them on Friday. My RE seems pretty confident that I will end up pg by transferring 3. I think success rates vary depending upon the # tranferred and the quality of the embies - if an embie made it to blast it must be pretty decent quality, right? I think my RE's success rates w/ frozen overall are about 60%. If I were you and they're only giving a 30% success rate with transferring 2 (that's what I think you said they would transfer) then I would transfer all 4. Good luck!!
    IVF #1 and #4 - BFP but early mc
    IVF #2, #3 and #5 - BFN
    IVF #6 - 8/03 de success story!!
    Ryan Evan is here !! Arrived 4/10/04 7lb. 6 oz.!!
    IVF #7 - 1/06 - BFN
    FET #1 - BFP 5/7/06 ; saw a hb 5/23/06 (edd 01/14/07)

Srthnbelladonna
    in 2WW now

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Scared
    we have 2 Good 5 day Blasts and 1 Grest 6 dy blast... Getting readt to go through lab band in Jan 11 to increase our odds by dropping my BMI. Willing to do just about anything. I hate the percentage numbers for the FET. I love cold, hard data... I hate all this grey area stuff. Drive a woman MAD!!! Any advice on some real stats on blast transfers??

Evan's Mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi all - I've been away from the boards for a long time and wanted to come back to share my success stories (now that I FINALLY have some to share!). We had 9 five day blasts frozen after our fresh cycle. From the 9 frozen 7 survived the thaw and were transferred (over three different FETS), resulting in our 2.5yo b/g twins. So frozen blast transfers do work - I really think it is as much about the cycle (perfect combination of the right med protocol) as it is about the blasts surviving the thaw. I had once cycled where the RE changed the dosage of progesterone from what I'd used with my successful fresh cycle and that was the only cycle that did not take at all. Other cycles 'took' but did not result in doubling numbers. With out last cycle we put back 3 blasts - RE advised we had a very good chance for twins if it worked at all based on his experience - he was right!!
    Me 36 DH 35
    DS - Oct '04
    DS DD - Aug '08