FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yourwhnp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

New to site and FET

I found this site just at the right time. After 8 years of infertility, I am finally ready for the support! Tried IVF 2004 and ended up with an ovarian pregnancy that left me with minimal left ovarian tissue and blood flow (by the way, we told everyone we were pregnant). Got the courage to try again (secretly) 8/05, 2 eight cell, beautiful ebmies, everything perfect, NEGATIVE. Now, we just rolled right over to a FET. Transfered 2 eight cell, and one 3. Beta draw on 10/9. I feel like I am more anxious for this than any of the others. I am so thankful for the success stories. They really give me hope and put my mind in a much better place.

2. Advertisement

sherbear1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I am new to the site. I am going on my 3rd try for ivf.My 1st was fresh 2nd frozen and now nov it will be frozen and hopefully both will thaw ok. Any suggestions or comments on fet..... Sheri

daisygirl05
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sherbear1,
    I hope you have a smooth journey while your here. Do you have any children? I did my 1st Ivf about 1 1/2 years ago but miscarried early. I will be doing Fet (transfer 10/21) all I can say is put your faith in God. Wish you success!! This has been easy so far mild symtoms, much easier than fresh. What day are embroyos frozen? Mine are day 5.
    Angie

sherbear1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daisygirl05
    Welcome Sherbear1,
    I hope you have a smooth journey while your here. Do you have any children? I did my 1st Ivf about 1 1/2 years ago but miscarried early. I will be doing Fet (transfer 10/21) all I can say is put your faith in God. Wish you success!! This has been easy so far mild symtoms, much easier than fresh. What day are embroyos frozen? Mine are day 5.
    Angie
    Hey daisygirlo5,
    I have 2 daughters with my first husband. I had 3 but my youngest which was 2 at the time got hit by a car in 1995. I had an ectopic pregnancy with my 1st husband and lost one of my tubes and had the other one tied. I just got married a year and a half ago. It was 5 days for the emryos. This is my last chance these are my last 2 frozen. He said we were good candidates being i carried before and all 6 embryos were a quality so im not sure whats up. We go 11/04 for the transfer. Hope all goes well with you to.. Sheri

Lynner6
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

FET & BBT?

Hello, I'm new to the site and had a question about BBT during a FET cycle. We had 5 embryos transferred on Saturday and my Beta is scheduled for 10/26. After months of charting my BBT prior to IVF, I'm now wondering if temperature cycles would be the same during FET. The reason I'm asking is that this morning my temp was really low (97.4), and I'm feeling like there is no way these embies will make it. Thoughts anyone? Lynne

zgal
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

NEw to this site

My husband and I are considering a FET for this summer. We had ICSI with IVF Feb. of 04 and (thankfully) the first time worked and we have two beautiful little girls who just turned one. We just saw our Dr. and are considering a FET in July. Our embies were really great and out of 8 two took and are now our girls, the reat (6) were frozen and are waiting for us. Don't know what to expect, how many to transfer, etc... other than what he told us. We are positive thinkers and pray we will be blessed again. Any thoughts or words of advice? I want to transfer two, but twins again?! Dr. Suggested three, don't want 3 babies. Know what is is to have two, but afraid with one it won't work. We have good insurance, but still lots of $ to be considered.
    Any support or advice is welcome.

Zgal.

Ben's Mummy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question quality of defrosted blasts?

Dear anyone who might know

I've recently had two 6 day ftozen blasts transferred but one was only 60% survived and the other 70%. I know this is not good and, although they had both started to re-expand, it was not a lot. I would love to hear from anyone who had achieved (and maintained) a pregnancy with these odds.

Many thanks and God bless

Mommak
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

A welcome message (read before posting) and HCG Calculator

Hey I borrowed this link from the high tech board! thought Id post it here when we get our betas we can try it out.

http://www.perinatology.com/calculators/ect.htm

theres another link Ill go back and get brb

k its this one

http://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm

I liked it because it said this:

Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of HCG - and deliver perfect babies. Caution must be used in making too much of HCG "numbers". Ultrasound findings after 5-6 weeks of pregnancy are much more predictive of pregnancy outcome than are HCG levels.

For women that have had an HCG injection as part of their infertility treatment, the hormone will take about 5-14 days to clear from the woman's system, depending on the dose and the individual woman. This can causes problems with interpretation of pregnancy tests done earlier than 14 days after an HCG injection.
    Last edited by BC-Doreen; 06-04-2006 at 06:00 AM.

tinkerbabykml
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Questions and Help with FET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all I believe that I will be a March transfer with my FET cycle it is just that my Dr. says I ask way to many questions and that I need to slow down and take one step at a time. Here is what has happened with my schedule so far!
    2/1/06 Period started
    2/3/06 started taking birth control pills
    2/14/06 went and had sono done and gave the doctor more $$$
    2/14/06 started 20 units of lupron every morning
    2/18/06 Stopped BC pills
    have appointment to go back on 2/22/06 for blood work and another sono!

Can anyone tell me what else to expect here? This is our first and last FET cycle so I am praying for a miracle! We have had 3 failed fresh attempts! We took a year off of everything just in hopes that my body would clean itself out from all the other fertility drugs that I have been on.

I have recently taken a leave of absence from my job the 10th of Feb. until all of this procedure is over to eliminate any other stress that I may have. Now if we can just get rid of my sister in law who spits kids out left and right yet cannot afford them I will be completely relaxed.

Does anyone else suffer from a family member like this? My husband and I have spent 45k+ to have just one healthy child and we have the financial means to raise a child yet we have family members who cannot afford one child yet they can have them every 10 months!! It is sooo fustrating!

Sorry to go on and on but I really needed to vent

abb
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    how did you do with your blast transfer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast