FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

brandie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

fet/estrogen levels

Hi everyone,
    This is my first attmept at a fet. I had a blood draw and they said my estrogen level was low. My estrogen was at a 126 and should have been above 300. So they put me on Estradiol 2mg. My FET is scheduled for 10/07, my fear is that my estrogen level will not get high enough. Has anyone ever heard of this? Im very worried.

Thanks,
    Brandie

2. Advertisement

AGemini
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brandie,
    I just went through the same thing. I went in for a blood test when AF was here (day 2) and my E2 was only 97. My Dr. put me on delestrogen. I'm only taking it twice a week. I take it on Tuesday and Friday. They started me with 0.2cc (Tuesday) and 0.4cc (Friday). I went back in this past Tuesday and my E2 went up to 305. My Dr. wants it to be at 400 or above so I'm now taking 0.6cc. I go back in this Friday for another blood test and I'm sure my levels went up. Your levels should go up since you are on Estradiol so hang in there. By the way if all goes well my transfer will be October 6th.

Best Wishes,
    Marie

Djen
    has no status.

Recently relocated to Raleigh,NC from NYC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brandie,
    I just went through the same thing this past week. I don't know exactly the numbers,but it was low.They bumped my Estrace to 4 times a day for the rest of the cycle. Here's a thread that may help you:
    http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/foru...d.php?t=357258
    Hope it helps.
    1 ectopic (09/03)
    IVF #1: BFN (July 2005)
    FET#1: September 2005

brandie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow we are really close to the same day. Im on 4 patches of vivelle .1mg, I wear them for two days then change them. They put me on Estradiol 2mg which I have to use vaginally (gross!!). I hope it works. I go for my next blood draw on monday.

Is this yur first attmept at FET?

brandie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'm just hoping that my FET does not get canceled. The nurse said this is very common and that the Estradiol which is vaginally i have to do 2 times a day should increase these levels. However since this is my first FET it makes me worry.

It helps to talk to people who know what I'm going through

brandie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fet

Has anyone heard of eating pineapple before FET to help with the embroys sticking?

Quinn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brandie---

Your situation happened to me almost exactly. I added vaginal estrace twice daily PLUS oral estrace twice daily and in a week my levels went from 74 to 2000.

I wonder if you should inquire about oral estrace at least once/day too? How was your lining?

Ummm......and about the pineapple----I have never tried it, but the gals around here say that it's the thing to do to help with implantation beginning right around transfer time or so. I've heard both fresh and canned stories.... I might try it for my next FET, but the thought of it makes me want to gag. My RE said it holds no real/true "help", but thinks anything that makes YOU happy----that doesn't hurt anyone----to go for it!

Good luck to you