FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    nrizzo1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sage2
    Hi Andy's wife - twins!!

My FET sucess story:

We can only conceive with IVF and ICSI due to husband's prior vasectomy and failed reversal. Our two fresh cycles produced great quality embies but both were BFN. Our first FET (after first fresh cycle) we transferred one 3BB embie and had a chemical pregnancy. This time we transferred our last two embies - both high quality - and are now 7w with twins!

For those of you transferring one - it does work - so many ladies transfer 2 blasts and get pregnant with twins.

Good luck everyone! I know it is discouraging and a hard journey. We were completely at the end - I was not doing another fresh cycle. I had little hope, just wanted to give our frozen embies a shot at life. And now...twins!!!
    Hi sage! Quick question: do you know what the grade of your current embies were? You mention high quality but i'm not sure that that means....

I think my embies were 3BB and 4BB..obviously and "A" in there would be great but I'm hoping that what I transfered could still work.

Congrats to all of the other ++++ results out there!

2. Advertisement

sage2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nrizzo! I don't know, they didn't tell me after the thaw. Before the thaw one was a 4AA and one was a 4BB. Good luck!!!!!
    Me - 32, DH - 41
    IVF#1 02/07 BFN
    FET#1 09/07 Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 BFN 03/08
    FET #2 9/08. BFP! Betas: 208, 625, 1478
    It's twins!!

2LuvsLost
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Post 2LuvsLost

Hi All,
    I guess I will be a part of this forum soon enough. Sadly to say I just miscarried at 9wks, Nov. 26, 2008 after getting pregnant from a Fresh IVF Cycle. We had a D & C done for testing because this was our 2nd miscarriage. The first pregnancy was natural and ended up miscarrying at 6wks2days. I have been reading through the posts and I am glad I did. I had lost so much faith after suffering the second miscarriage and figuring that if it didn't happen with the fresh embryo's it wouldn't happen with the frozen. I'm sorry I was thinking that, but now my spirits are lifting higher after reading the success stories of the Frozen transfers. I am still dealing with my loss, but hearing all the other success stories are helping me deal with it and know that there is still a chance. Much love and prayers to all. Good luck and thanks for posting.

heathermat
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to share my story with all of you. I was at the point of giving up, believed it would never happen for me, that I would never get to hold a baby of my own in my arms, then it happened- a BFP!!!
    I had so many disappointments- 5 fresh cycles (2nd was BFP but miscarried at 9w) and a FET after my 3rd fresh- all BFN's. After my 4th cycle, my DH decided without my knowledge that he didn't want to be married anymore and surprised me by having me served with divorce papers. I had already started meds for another fresh cycle! So, I decided to continue by myself. I thought it through and knew that it wasn't fair for him to take my life away from me by surprise, and I certainly wasn't going to let him take my dream of motherhood away too. For my 5th fresh cycle, I used donor sperm. I got a BFN again. So, I decided to try one more time, my 6th cycle(donor again) another BFN but 2 embies made it to freeze. I only had the 2 embies and no hope of it working, but decided to go ahead with the FET anyway. I had convinced myself it wouldn't take-yet again- so I concentrated on my everyday life, instead of fretting about that.
    I ended up with a horrible stomach virus 4 or 5 days after transfer and decided to take a HPT before using any meds. To my surprise, BFP!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am currently 24 weeks with a very active little girl!!
    I just want to say, that it can happen! I know the repeated failures make you start to second guess yourself, and you feel like it won't ever work- but it does!!! Never give up on what you really want!
    Best of luck to all of us!!

LoriSue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heather, I am so happy for you! Good for you for being strong and not letting bad circumstances get you down! You and your little girl are going to have a beautiful life together!!

I am here because I am mentally gearing up for my FET in May. I had IVF twin boys last May (5-16). They are amazing and wonderful and a lot of work, lol. I also have three teenagers! Life is crazy perfect!

After my IVF we ended up with two frozen 5 day blasts, I have no memory of grade or anything but when the boys turn a year old, we're going for it. I am scared honestly b'c with my babies, I am sooo busy but I can't imagine "discarding" my embies or donating, even if thats selfish of me. I see them as my children. Its hard for a people to understand... if we have twins again that'll make seven children! I am hoping for a singleton on one hand but on the other I can't wish for one of my embies not to make it! KWIM?

Anyway so I am trying to get my head in gear for this next transfer. I'll be 36 in March and my oldest son is 18, so I can only imagine it won't be too terribly much longer til I become a grandmother, lol. Ten years if I am lucky! I hope I still have some energy left for my grandbabies once I am done birthnig my own little ones!

I will be doing an unmedicated FET, the meds are too stressful and since I am tubal factor anyway, I'd rather do the least invasive thing I can. DH and I are both a little nervous about it. Twins are hard, but I know we'd survive. More than that is terrifying, knowing that my babies will only be 20 months old of this pregnancy goes full term. I just can't imagine doing trips or quads after twins. Insanity! LOL!

SO here's to no singles turning to twins and lots of love and prayers to all of you FET cycling in the spring. I hope we can be of some support to one another!!

Lori Sue, professional baby momma
    Mom to Luke, 18, Katalina, 15, and Alex, 13
    IVF babies Dylan and Darian born 5-16-06

nrizzo1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI Lori -

I TOTALLY understand how you are feeling regarding not wanting to donate your embies, the thought process around wanting the embies to survive but also knowing how hard it would be if they did, and the thoughts of twins, etc. I wish you the best of luck....that is for sure. God will bless you with whatever it is he thinks you can handle. On a side note, I was compelled to tell you that triplets and quads are possible too....both my girlfriend and I put in 2 frozen blasts and we both ended up with triplets......the RE told us that embies splitting in IVF is common due to the way they are fertilized in the lab. I wasn't aware of this before we put in two (not sure if it would have changed things anyway) and was totally shocked by the site of 3 fetuses.

Best of luck,
    NR

LoriSue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaaah I know trips and quads are possible, I am just holding my breath that it won't happen. I know its a high likelihood. We got lucky with our twins, two embies in, two babies. I hope we get no more than that this time.

I was just reading up on other multiples post and saw that you just found out its triplets! Wow!! I am sure you are shocked! I wish you ALL the best for a safe and easy pregnancy and would love to hear updates!!

Thanks for the well wishes!
    Last edited by LoriSue; 01-12-2009 at 08:52 AM.

atdrummin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Low First Beta (m/c) and scared

Hi - I am afraid that this is going to end like my other three pregnancies...in early miscarriage. I had my first beta at 8dp5dt, and it was a pathetic 14.8.

I seem to recall reading that FET's can have low initial betas. Anyone wanna weigh in? I'd love to hear some success stories of girls with low (I mean really low) initial betas.

Scared.
    Angie

sage2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't stress yet! You are only 13dpo! My clinic won't even do first beta until 15 dpo. They like to see 50+ at 15dpo. My my calculation, with doubling, you should be around 60 on Wednesday.
    Me - 32, DH - 41
    IVF#1 02/07 BFN
    FET#1 09/07 Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 BFN 03/08
    FET #2 9/08. BFP! Betas: 208, 625, 1478
    It's twins!!

LoriSue
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, calm down, there's still hope! My RE didn't do betas til 18dpt and they wanted 50+ for a BFP.

Prayers and hugs your way!!

Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast