FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    diamondcat
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Compassionate Care Program

I just wanted to pass this info along to all of you who, like me, have been burdened by not having IF insurance.

There is a thing called the Compassionate Care Program that is offered by Fertility Lifelines. If you are accepted into the program they will pay for alot of your Gonal-f (I believe a max of 3000IU's), your Cetrotide and your Ovidril. The meds are sent through Freedom Fertility Pharmacy direct to your Doctor then you have to get them from there.
    Your information will be reviewed by a committee and they will decide whether or not to accept you. There are various factors that go into the outcome:

1) Patient must call program for prescreening before application is sent.
    2) Patient must not have insurance and meet program income guidelines which are not disclosed.
    3) Patient must currently be undergoing treatment with a doctor familiar with infertility management.
    4) Fertility Assist will help pay for fertility medications for patients who have not been successful after two prior attempts that include Gonal-f. The patient must have paid cash for the first two attempts through the Freedom Fertility Pharmacy and have filled their prescription for the third cycle within 18 months of the first perscription.
    5) Filling the prescription through the Freedom Fertility Pharmacy automatically enrolls the patient.

You will be required to send in your 1040's and your last two pay stubs.

You can only use this program once.
    In case you have never talked to the people at Fertility Lifelines, they are extremely warm and personable.

1-866-538-7879
    http://www.rxassist.org/Search/Prog_...TOKEN=24555316

2. Advertisement

barren-bipolar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you find out about this? Did your clinic communicate it to you? We're wondering why we never heard a peep about it...

me (35) DH (51), TTC #1
    low ovarian reserve (AMH .39, FSH 11), hypothyroid, egg quality issues, multiple clotting problems,
    uterine scarring (removed), 2 fibroids (still there), chronic endometritis, cervical stenosis
    (2009) 4 IUI failures and 3 IVF failures all in one year
    (2010) 4th IVF BFN in May, 5th IVF BFN in July

diamondcat
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. I went through 5 IVFs on max stims, consider my self well read on IF, and a bulletin board fanatic and I NEVER heard anything about this. There was a posting put on IVFConnections, that is where I heard about it. It seems like they are approving alot of people this year.

IVFConnections Boards

baby4me70
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was approved for this and what a blessing it was... I still got a BFN, but I also got 2 frosties...

RyansHope
    My chickie's closing in on TWO!!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    I was approved for this! It wa fantastic! Since I dont need much stimming, I got 2 fresh cycles out of most of the meds. The 2nd cycle was the ONE!

mattie1230
    is tired but happy.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if any one has ever tried using this with a donor ivf? Like to get the meds for the donor? We are paying out of pocket for everything and this would definitely help us to attain our dreams.

RyansHope
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    If you haven't started your IVF cycle, I will strongly recommended them. Try to visit Dr. Klitz website www.cnyfertility.com. 2 cycles of IVF for $6000. $3000 deposit on the day of ER and pay $250 every monthly, no interest for 12 months. Also asked them for free med program, if you qualify for it. I went to Syracuse location. I got free meds too, my previous doc did not mentioned anything about it until I met Dr. Klitz. Good luck!!!
    THATS EXACTLY WHAT WE DID AND WHERE WE WENT! Syracuse location too!
    Isnt there payment plan amazing? Not to mention the price of IVF? I'm in PA and did a 6hr round trip. I see you're even farther in VA. SOOO worth it!

Juliella
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    BC-RyansHope,

I am also from PA. How long do you need to stay in Syracuse? How did you get free medications?

RyansHope
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    We just went for my appt and drive home. You dont need to stay.

RyansHope
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Tired
    As for the free meds read replies below. Its got all the instructions you'll need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast