FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sweet_sarah78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Michigan IVF?

Hi All!!!

I am new here and DH and I just found out that IVF will pretty much be our only way to have children together. We were quoted 9250 since my insurance covers all ultrasounds, diagnositc testing and meds. Does anyone know of any places that are cheaper than this?? Any help would be great!!

Sarah

2. Advertisement

Emma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! IVF was the only way for DH and I to conceive as well. We did a little research and eventually ended up going with Dr. Young from Michigan Reproductive in Grand Rapids. I know that's a ways for you from Warren but I believe you could probably have local monitoring until you get closer to retrieval. We're near E. Lansing so it was about an hour drive for us but TOTALLY worth it for lots of reasons...Gabrielle and Joe being the top two! They have one of the top success rates in the state while at the same time being conservative with the number of embryos to transfer. The drs. (Young and Dodds) and the staff are wonderful!!! I can't say enough about them. IVF can be a scary, confusing process your first time through and they were so great about walking us through each step and promptly returning calls on each of our questions or concerns. An added bonus is that they are pretty inexpensive. I want to say a fresh cycle cost us around $4500 including ICSI/AH and embryo freezing. That's not including our meds since our insurance picked that up. Their website is Michiganivf if you want to pull up more info. Something to think about but again...I know it's a ways for you. Best of luck to you!!!! ~Emma
    Emma
    me 36/dh 36 / ttc since May 2001
    3 IVFs 2 FETs 3 angels
    Our miracles are here!
    Joseph Gabriel and Gabrielle Elizabeth 10-16-04

sweet_sarah78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! I couldn't believe what I was reading!!! So basically IVF is something you have to shop around for. kidna sounds funny. Wouldnt be a bad idea to drive to GR for treatments and get a hotel or what not. But Thanks for the info this is something I am definitly going to research more.

Sarah

btw all we have is a male factor. Low movement and motility and slight decrease in count. i am 26 and dh is 26. I was all checked out and I am completely fine. ALl hormone levels are in check and tubes are clear. What do you think my odds are for getting it on the first try?

Emma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes... i know of a few people who cycled in g.r. and stayed in a hotel as they got close to retrieval/transfer. it's so hard to say when it comes to ivf...it's such a numbers game...but i'm sure you've got a great shot at it working the first time w/ your age and the fact that you aren't dealing w/ fertility issues on your end. have you stopped by the ivf board? there are lots of people there who are very knowledgable and supportive. when were you looking to cycle?~emma
    Emma
    3 IVFs 2 FETs 3 angels
    Our miracles are here!

sweet_sarah78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well im not sure when I wanted to cycle. Dh wants to try IUI next month and see how things go. I was on the fertility board and I was getting alot of advice to try a couple rounds of IUI before jumping into IVF. So what I was thinking was that while I do the inseminations I can research several clinics and get IVF prices. I know we have a IVF of Michigan down here Im wondering if they would have the same prices ya know? Hey do you have any messanger services? I have AIM, yahoo, and msn? Id love to chat with you sometime about this. It would be alot easier than going back and forth on there.

Sarah

Emma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarah! If you want to PM (private message) me I'll be happy to exchange my email info with you! The IVF Michigan near you would be a different clinic so I think the prices would be different also. Talk to you later! ~Emma
    Emma
    3 IVFs 2 FETs 3 angels
    Our miracles are here!

Speed73
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Emma and Sarah,
    I am from Michigan too, and I go to an RE at Royal Oak. He is good...but expensive. My insurance covers pretty much nothing. $4500 does not sound bad, and I most certainly don't mind driving upto Grand Rapids for that. Well, IVF is not the only option for us. I have PCOS, but respond well to medication. Dh has low morph. His count and motility are not great, but definitely OK. I do have one son (a natural miracle). I am quite desperate to have another and am losing faith in the IUIs (which we pay for ourselves too).
    Emma, do you know how much the medicine will cost. Also, will a clinic nearby be ready to monitor me if I get the IVF done elsewhere ?

Please clarify.
    Speed.

Emma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Speed! DH has low morph too...and I have no tubes so IVF w/ICSI was our only option. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Dr. Young and our experience w/ Michigan Reproductive! I'm not sure about how much the meds will be since our insurance picked those up for us...but on Michigan Rep's website they give financials so you can check out costs and I believe they list meds as being approx. $2500 per cycle. But that also will vary + or - on individual cases. I drove to G.R. for all our monitoring but I have heard of people doing local monitoring. I'm not sure how that's arranged so that would be a ? for the IVF nurses (who are wonderful by the way!) I do know they like you to come to the office when you get closer to retrieval though. Best of luck to you! ~Emma
    Emma
    3 IVFs 2 FETs 3 angels
    Our miracles are here!

Mommie2Be1day
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marta,

I'm right around the corner from Dr. Ayers!!! I haven't gone to see him myself yet, but I've heard that if you want a baby he is the Dr. to see in this area. I hope everything goes well for you.

V
    Praying for everyone

KarenS-MI
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I went to IVF Michigan & saw Dr. Fakih in his Rochester office. They have one of the highest success rates in the state & are excellent in every aspect! We saw him for 2 cycles & were successful both times!

Good luck!

Karen
    ttc #1 for 7 1/2 years
    ~ IVF #1, 6-93, cancelled; IVF#2/rescue ICSI- 7-99, failed
    ~(switched RE's) ZIFT/ICSI- 1-00, successful w/twins, lost 1 at 8w
    ~ ZIFT/ICSI #2, to try for #2- March '03- successful
    ~ GS- IVF #1, 7-05 failed. FET 10-05- BFP, m/c 5w5d

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast