FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Mika80
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fibrosis, how long does it take to develop?

I just found out yesterday I have fibroids. It came out during a HSG test to check if my tubes were open. Tubes were open but the fibroid is in the lower inner part of my uterus (this test didn't show if there are others on the outside).

I have a question I can't find an answer for: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A FIBROID to FORM?
    I don't know why I can't find an answer to this question.
    I am afraid I got it in the past 3 months because I have been extremely stressed, anxious and depressed because I am not conceiving.

My OBGYN doesn't seem to believe the fibroid is the cause of the infertility. The Radiologist, on the other hand, does think so.

I am going to start doing some acupuncture for anxiety relief and I am going to ask to try to treat also the fibroid.

I know there is a diet to follow .... I am already very thin (5'5'' - 93 pounds) I have always been this thin but I am scared that if I cut out milk, cheese, meat and more I am just gonna loose more weight which is no good for me.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks

2. Advertisement

KrisAz
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I dont understand... why are you on a special diet, especially if you're underweight? I have never heard of that.. your diet won't affect your fibroid and there are lots of 'fad' diets that are supposed to boost fertility but I am doubtful on these. Being underweight could be the reason you're not conceiving, not the fibroid or the stress youre under. YOu're also relatively young so you really shouldn't be stressing over this. How big is the fibroid? Only an MRI can determine the size of a fibroid and whether it's intramural (inside the uterine wall.) Lots of women conceive with fibroids and chances are , youve had this for a while, it didnt pop up recently. If fibroids are 5 mm or bigger, and/or intramural, they could be an issue but not always. The radiologist that did your HSG really isnt qualified to say it's your fibroid that's causing your infertility. I would also see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (fertility doc) for a consult also. Good luck.
    Last edited by KrisAz; 05-20-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: made error
    *single* 40
    elevated FSH,low AMH, endo, cysts
    2011-Lap done, stage 2 endo, IUI-BFP afterwards but chem pg
    Apr 2012-prep for IVF, converted to IUI (over-suppressed w/ Lupron)**BFP** but m/c at 7 weeks.
    jan '13-IUI #4, BFN , out of $$
    Jan '14-second lap for endo,trying naturally w/known donor, meds,

Mika80
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for your message. I am not currently on a special diet but through my searches I read that it would be better to avoid refined sugars and other things like white bread and pasta (which I eat), also eggs and red meat etc ... I currently do eat all of them.
    The HSG test showed the fibroid inside the uterus, it is a 2.5 cm. doc is not concerned. I am.

KrisAz
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I meant to say, that a fibroid under 5cm is usually not an issue, and yours is very small. I doubt it is causing your infertility. You really need to try and put on a few pounds and not worry about doing these dairy free, wheat free, fad diets. My sister and several friends had babies in their 30s and none of them did special diets and with you being underweight, I think that's a bigger issue. I also just got a BFP, and I have other issues going on including two fibroids, and I havent followed any special diet. Now, I may have a chemical pregnancy going on but lots of women conceive with fibroids. Have you had your FSH and hormone levels tested, and do you ovulate regularly? I really dont think the fibroid is the problem.
    *single* 40
    elevated FSH,low AMH, endo, cysts
    2011-Lap done, stage 2 endo, IUI-BFP afterwards but chem pg
    Apr 2012-prep for IVF, converted to IUI (over-suppressed w/ Lupron)**BFP** but m/c at 7 weeks.
    jan '13-IUI #4, BFN , out of $$
    Jan '14-second lap for endo,trying naturally w/known donor, meds,

Mika80
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I understand I might be underweight but I have physicals and OBGYNs visits every year and my docs are monotoring me and are not concerned about my weight. This is has been my weight since my 20's (I am now in my 30's) I might have lost a couple of pounds recently because of my anxiety as I am not conceiving and also the fact that I am trying to avoid eating some foods that are not considered healthy. Plus I recently found out I am lactose intolerant so it makes it even harder and I am trying to avoid refined sugars as well as they are not healthy. I am just freaked out right now and I am trying to follow a healthy diet although the best way for me to gain weight would be to eat tons of cakes and steaks every night, which is the most unhealthy thing to do.